CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 8, 2010






This evening we had to put our dog Kate to sleep. It was much harder to do than I could have imagined (and I didn't even take her to the vet - Jared did). I cried all the way to the wooden park where I took the boys while Jared took her to the vet. Thanks Vikki for talking with me on the phone, it really helped me feel better. Its amazing how much you can love a dog that's been such a pain in the butt! I'm really gonna miss her! Jared buried her in one of the paddock with an empty pop bottle (her favorite).

2 comments:

Mom R said...

I and I should add Doug cried for days when we put Kasey down. We loved him so much. He was such a good dog with the kids but his injured foot made taking care of him a bit of a challenge. With Shotten it was a bit easier but still hard. Animals are to love and that's what we do. Kate was my favorite and will always be. Such a free very independent spirit and that's something to remember that's not all bad. I think in time you will remember good things about her and the bad stuff will be of less importance. Now you have Norman and I can't wait to see him. Love you much.

Uncle Dee said...

Well, we will not go into the consequences of the death of Mew. Grandma R certainly got it right about animals being to love . . .