CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Daddy's card from Jacob with a "look through hole"







Helping Mommy make a cake.








Eating their cupcakes.


Happy Birthday Daddy!!!

Putting on the candles.

1-2-3 blow

Give me fives


Phew - all that smoke.

Yummy



I was up at 6:00 to exercise. The boys woke up around 7:30. Kenzie called to wish Uncle Jared a “Happy Birthday” so I woke him up. After Daddy came inside from feeding animals he opened his birthday present. His actual present is still in the mail so he won’t get to open that until Tuesday – bummer. He also got a new snow shovel, which I’ll like too. When we built the quinzy I only had the boys short shovel to use. Jacob noticed a untapped spot and had to tape it before Daddy could open. Then the boys went to find their valentines bags, which were in the baby’s room. They each got new scissors, a matchbox car, and some goodies. Daddy also got a bag with goodies. Then I opened some new socks and a new pillow for valentines. Daddy had put starbursts inside each of my 22 new pair of socks. Adam helped me get all of them out. After church we headed to the pharmacy to get a prescription refill for Adam. We also stopped to pick up a pizza from Good Times for lunch. After lunch the boys played with legos. We had a relaxing afternoon playing and watching Nascar. The boys helped me make Daddy’s birthday cake. I had fun decorating it with my new decorating kit. Then we decorated the cupcakes, which we’d made yesterday. The boys ate the cupcake they’d decorated. I did my afternoon run. Around 5:00 we headed to the video store to get a couple movies. Then we went out to dinner at Fazoli’s. The boys, who were very excited, told the cashier that it was Daddy’s birthday. The cashier gave Daddy a large chocolate chip cookie. Jacob was being silly at the table and had Adam laughing really hard. At home we lit the candles on the cake and sang happy birthday to Daddy. After cake and ice cream the boys and I played doctor. Jacob rubbed the stethoscope on my belly and pretended to be doing an ultrasound of the baby. His opened cars case was the computer screen. After he finished he made sure to wipe my belly with a towel to get the gel off. We all cuddled on the couch and watched a Bob the Builder video. The boys were tucked in bed by 9pm. Jared and I watched the Star treck movie.

7 comments:

Uncle Dee said...

What a happy day this was! And what a beautiful cake for Jared's 29th birthday!

I always enjoy reading about the boys' play -- they certainly know a lot, don't they? Observant kids.

mom s said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARED!!! Kimmy you did a great job on the cake with your decorating kit. It's beautiful. I can see that the boys were big helpers baking the cake.
I love the picture of Adam eating with the big smile on his face. Also the last picture of Jared and the boys is adorable. What a Fun day for all of you!

Mom R said...

Fancy, fancy cake. I'm really,really impressed. Never looked so good at this house. Sounds like a good snow birthday. Keep that shovel going. 3 more inches of snow today here. Average for Feb. is 6 inches. We've had 12 so far this year. It just keeps on giving.

Melissa said...

Great job on the cake, Kimmy! It looks so pretty.

Mom R said...

In the first picture...what on the roof? I see a ladder. Snow, snow go away don't come back another day! I'm ready to shed the big coat. Uck.

Dust Bunny said...

Saved money on not having to buy fuel to heat the house with all those candles burning. Is that like the pot calling the kettle black?

Kimmy said...

I'm not sure about the ladder but I think it was used when Jared and my Dad got locked out of the house. Not sure what it was used for. Jared will have to answer that one:)