CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010














































Jared and I were up around 7am – we were excited! We made pumpkin bread. The boys were up around 7:45 and they were so excited when they saw the presents under the tree and their stockings. I was video taping and Jacob sang Away in a Manger for me. The boys opened their stockings which were filled with m&m’s, pez candy, pencils, gum, glue stick, notecards, chapstick, a permanent marker, glow stars, caution cone, and a matchbox car. In Eli’s stocking were pacifiers, a glow star, little puff snacks, a matchbox car and sippy cups. Daddy helped Eli opening his stocking gifts. Adam would run over and to show me, up close, the things he'd opened. Jacob announced his gifts with such excitement, "a glue stick!" or "my own gum!" After they were done with stockings we took turns opening gifts starting with Jacob first. Jacob and Adam opened Thomas train battery powered toothbrushes and glow stick flashlights first. We helped Eli open his vulli chan teether, a glow stick flashlight, and new socks. Eli liked banging his teether on the floor to make it squeak and chewing on his flashlight. Jacob opened the Bruder firetruck which he's been asking for. He said, "I like this! I was wishing for this all the time!" Adam was excited to open a Bruder cement mixer. We put some m&m's in it to mix and then drop down the chute. Jacob's fire truck really squirts water so I filled that for him to try. Eli got a build a bear which we named Franky. The boys loved all their gifts and were so fun to watch open them. I got a new bible (pink), a bookmark, and a canon D10 camera. Jared got a new cordless drill, extra battery, and tool bags. We ate banana and pumpkin bread for breakfast. Around 9:30 we headed to my parents house. We all gathered in the living room to listen to my Dad read the story of Baby Jesus from the bible. After that we started passing out gifts. The kids had drew names for a gift exchange and opened those first. Eli was about to fall asleep so I helped him opening his other gifts. He then cuddled on Aunt Vikki’s lap for awhile before I tucked him in for a nap. The kids opened gifts youngest to oldest. Jacob was disappointed when he saw that Adam got a Buzz Lightyear. He patiently waited for his turn and was very happy that he also got a Buzz Lightyear. The kids played with their new things while we adults opened our gifts. I’m excited to try my new snowsuit in the snow! Stacey came over to join us for a Christmas meal. The food was so good (as always!) – thank-you Mom!!! Jared and Dad played some pingpong. We watched the video of the boys opening gifts this morning. Around 7pm we headed to church for the Christmas Eve service. Jacob played bells and Nana and Papa came to see him play. He was excited when he saw them. We got home around 9:15.

0 comments: