CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Adam's 3 year birthday

































Jared left for work around 7am. Jacob was up soon after that. He sure liked seeing all the decoration and cake for Adam’s birthday. Daddy also had small cakes decorated for Jacob and Adam with their names on them. I got pizza rolls made for dinner. Jacob worked on making Adam a birthday card while waiting for him to wake up. Adam woke up around 8:30. He came out but then ran back to his bed and hid under the covers. Jacob and I sang Happy Birthday to him. Soon he came out too see all his decorations and cake. After eating their cake the boys ran around the house being goofy with their party hats. Nana called to talk to Adam and wish him a happy birthday. He told her he was three as he showed three fingers to the phone. He really wanted to watch Lady and the Tramp so we watched it until it was time to leave. Eli was awake around 9:15. I nursed him and then got lunches packed for our day outing. We headed to Nana and Papa’s shortly after 10:00. They came with us to Tim Horton’s for drinks/donuts/muffins/bagels. Nana then came with us to the Children’s Zoo. The otter was active today and we enjoyed watching him first. Then we went to the playground and the boys had a good time there. Jacob was telling everyone that he was going to be 5 soon. Jared met us there around 1:00. We walked around looking at some more animals. And also walked the rock path across the pond. In the middle of the path is a movable bridge which Jacob was nervous to walk across. Once he did it though he loved it and wanted to do it over and over. Then the boys enjoyed some time playing in the "Fossil find" sand area. We took a couple train rides and a few carousel rides. Eli was acting fussy until the train started moving. Then he really seemed to enjoy that too. We had a nice picnic lunch by the pond, The weather was cool, low 60’s and cloudy. The sun came out just as we were leaving. At the gift shop Nana let the boys put two quarters and a penny into a machine that smashes and imprints their penny. We took Nana home and then got back to our house around 5:30. All the boys fell asleep in the van on the drive home. Adam was tired but still wanted to open his presents right away. He got a new toothbrush, matchbox car, large foam blocks, and a Bruder backhoe. After dinner we had cake and ice cream. Jacob moved his chair by Adam, saying, "I wanna sit by the birthday boy cause him my favorite friend." Before cutting the fish cake Daddy had to show us the proper way to fillet a fish. After dinner we watched the movie Tarzan. Adam said he wanted Jacob to sit by him in the rocking chair because "him my best friend." He and Jacob sat on the couch by Daddy for awhile. Eli cuddled with me. Then I put Eli by Daddy and Adam crawled up in the chair with me. I loved his cuddles and can’t believe its been 3 years since I first held him. After getting into pjs the boys had fun running around with the balloons. Adam was excited to tell me about his day at bedtime. The boys were tucked in bed shortly after 9pm. Adam was still awake around 10:00 and asked me to lay in bed with him. He told me he cleaned his new car and then gave me a funny smile. I guess he gave it a spit bath.

7 comments:

The Daddy said...

Happy birthday Adam

Uncle Dee said...

Wow! What a wonderful day! Happy birthday, Adam! So big!

Uncle Dee said...

I also just want to point out that Jared continues to do good imitations of Eli -- that picture of him between Jacob and Adam appears to be Eli grown up, wide-eyed stare and all.

Grandma R said...

Happy Birthday again Adam. You had a wonderful day. I am so glad that Jacob has a best friend and it's YOU! See you soon...Goodness me... Just two more sleeps and I will see all of you.

Another Grandma R said...

I think the sleeping pictures of
the kids are just a hoot. Kimmy...did you make the cake?

mom s said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM!!! Your cake turned out beautiful, Kimmy. Now you are a groomer, a barber and a cake decorator. Nice to see Adam opening his gifts in the pictures. Thanks for the fun day at Tim Horton's and the zoo. Fun to watch the excitement of the boys. Big and little. Thanks for the train ticket and also the carosel ticket which I still haven't found. Very fun day and special place to celebrate a special birthday.

Kimmy said...

It sure was a fun day. I'm glad you came with us Mom. (Hey, Are you sure you checked your pockets for that ticket:) The cake was fun to do using my cake decorating kit.