CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 15, 2010












Adam woke up at 8:30 and quickly ran into Jacob’s room to wake him up. It was a warm morning ~32 degrees. Adam said, "Its not dangerously cold outside so we can play outside." After breakfast we went outside and spent the morning out there. We came in just before lunchtime. The driveway was slippery and Jacob liked running and sliding onto his knees. The boys had fun digging with their shovels and we made a little snow fort. Jacob used sticks for our doors (like a gate). We had a snowball fight and that sure got the boys giggling. I hid behind the tree and acted like I didn’t see them coming from behind. They were so excited to “get” me with their snowballs. Jacob pulled Adam up and down the driveway in the sled many times. The boys sure have no problems walking or running on that slick ice. Adam is good at catching the chickens. When we came inside the boys asked for hot chocolate so I made that for them. Jacob said, “This hot chocolate warms up my legs, my belly, my arms, and even my eyes.” After lunch we played doctor. The boys were the doctors and I the patient. That's so fun to play with them. They sure run for a dish when I say I'm gonna puke. When they give me a shot one holds me and they other gives it. Then they always put on a bandade. We also had fun putting together puzzles. Then I got out the blocks for the boys to build with. At 2:30 we had a snack and read books. Then I tucked Adam in for a nap. Jacob played Curious George games on the computer. Jared got home from work around 3:30. He made some bread and then played some Mario Kart. Adam woke up around 5pm. The boys played with their automoblox and also the lite brite. Jared worked on the bunk bed until dinner was ready. Shortly after dinner Jared went back outside to work on the bunk bed. This evening the boys and I had fun playing in the dark with some flashlights. They were tucked in bed shortly after 9pm.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that second picture and the last one too.

Lela said...

I am impressed with all the warm outdoor clothes the kids have. That certainly helps to go out when it's not dangerously cold. I love that word. Hot chocolate can be a miracle cure. Adam in yellow. You can't miss him.

The Daddy said...

what kind of bread did jared make

Kimmy said...

Amish sweet bread - sometimes called Amish friendship bread.

Uncle Dee said...

I can't figure out who has the most fun playing: the boys or Kimmy? (I really think it is Kimmy.)

WE h ave had "dangerously cold" weather here for too long -- luckily for us, it is now warming up again.

The Daddy said...

Dee anything under 30 is "dangerously cold for the south"

mom s said...

I love the outdoor pictures. They are so fun and colorful.

Vikki's Blog said...

the boys look so cute in those snow suits. Love the last pic of them.