CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 2, 2010











It was a very cold day outside. Now it is 0 degrees out there. This morning my parents (and Hailey) met us at Dunken Donuts. We had a nice time visiting with them. From there we went to Salvation Army. Nana gave each of the kids $1 to spend so they had fun picking something out with their money. We also went to Home Depot and walked around there for awhile. Their kids workshop was about to close but they gave the kids each a calendar projects to take home. We also bought some wood for building the boys bunk bed. We stopped at TSC and to get a propane heater for in Jared's workshop. After a late lunch we worked on the calendar project with the boys. Jacob liked doing things on his own but Adam preferred my help as we nailed and glued the pieces together. After getting those built Jared went out to begin working on the boys bed. The boys and I worked on painting their calendars and we had so much fun. Shortly after 4pm I tucked Adam in for a nap. Then Jacob and I went outside to check on Daddy. Daddy gave Jacob some long, thin pieces of wood to take inside and play with. He used them for roads to drive his cars on. Jacob loves to race to the house (or barn) and always says, "On your mark, get set, GO!" Adam woke up just before dinnertime. After dinner we helped the boys get the stickers on their calendars. Then Jacob wanted to play "house". He pretended to be the Daddy and went to the store to buy wood. It was cute to watch him check out the wood just like Daddy does to make sure there not warped. He then took his wood home to cut up and said he was building a furnace. After putting the new furnace in his house he asked me to come over. He had me cover my eyes so he could surprise me when we got to his house. After getting the boys in their pjs we played some hide and seek in the dark. The boys were tucked in bed around 9:30.

3 comments:

Lela said...

The project is wonderful. I tried to imagine what was being built as I looked at the pictures. The end results is very nice. I think building bunk beds and woodworking is to men as fabric is to ladies. You know...JB's grandfather built our house so I guess the apple thing might be at work. YES...it's cold.

Uncle Dee said...

Boy, is it ever COLD??!!! It has been TWENTY DEGREES here two mornings in a row!!!!!

I like Jared's shirt. Variety is nice, isn't it, Jared?

The bunk bed projects answers one of my big questions: where will the bugger boys sleep once Thaddeus Joel Enoch Algernon arrives? Now I know.

I cannot quite picture the calendars. Will a close-up be posted soon? It will help this aging uncle.

The Daddy said...

No dee Andrew said it will be Obama Joseph Simon