CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 17, 2010












It was wet and cool outside this morning. Adam wakes up much quicker than Jacob does when I have to wake them up for school. We listened to some music during breakfast. Back at home Eli was happy playing with some toys on the floor. Adam did some drawings and then played with legos. Eli napped for over 3hrs, waking around 1:00. I worked on catching up in his baby book, which I was way behind on. Though I have been keeping things written on sticky notes. Adam and I watched a Bob the Builder video. After lunch I did a little more writing in the baby book. We went outside to play until it was time to walk down and get Jacob off the bus. Jacob was excited to tell me that today he won a “helping others” award at school. The award/trophy gets to sit at his desk for a whole day. He also was excited to tell me about the hot air balloon that came to his school and thought the big tank in the basket was really cool. He said that when he plays soccer he's gonna be tough like the guy he was trying to get the ball past today. Around 5:30 we headed to the fairgrounds to watch the Balloon launch. On the way Jacob sang some Spanish songs that he’s learned at school. There were about 60 Hot Air Balloons that we got to watch launch. From there we went out to dinner at Fazoli’s. Traffic was moving very slowly so it took us a long time to drive just that short distance. Eli snacked on some cheerios. He does pretty well at drinking from a sippy cup. Jared had to pick up something from work at 8:45 so we drove around for a little while before going there.

2 comments:

Uncle Dee said...

Congratulations to Jacob on his helping award. That is certainly a great reward to receive. I think he has learned a lot about helping in his family (and not just his at-home family but his extended family as well, with all his cousins).

Grandma R said...

My goodness. Jacob you are among the best. And that Eli. I'm beginning to see bits of Kimmy in his features. I miss you all. I'd love to make a trip North.