CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jacob's first day of kindergarten!

Here is Jacob on his first day of preschool




Eli's first try of cheerios.






I woke Jacob and Adam up shortly after 7am. Jacob sure was excited about school. Wow, first day of kindergarten - time does go by too quickly! After breakfast, brushing teeth/hair, and getting dressed it was already time to leave. I woke up Eli before leaving and just took him in his pj's. School starts at 8:00 and ends at 3:02pm, Monday-Friday. We walked Jacob to his classroom and he gave us hugs before going in. Back at home Adam and I played with the fire station set for awhile. Eli's such a cuddly little boy. I love how he lays his head on my shoulder to cuddle. Around 10:00 we got in the van, ready to head to my parents house, but the battery was dead. I hooked the battery up to the charger but it took about 1 1/2 hrs before it started. We got to Mom's house around 12:30. Adam made himself a sandwich for his lunch and I nursed Eli. Eli had a 1:30 doctor appointment. He weighed 18lbs 3.5oz and is 27 1/2 inches long. While I talked with the doctor Eli sat on my lap, chewed on his toes, and talked very loudly. Close to 2:00 my Mom came in so she could stay with Eli in case we didn't get done by the time I had to leave to pick up Jacob from school. Eli only cried while he was getting his shots. We were out of there around 2:10 and I got to Jacob's school about 10 minutes early. Thanks Mom for being there in case we needed to leave. We waited in the parent pick up area for Jacob. There we waited, and waited, and waited but still no Jacob and now the halls were nearly empty. I thought I saw Jacob's teacher so I walked down to his classroom but there was no one in there. I found his teacher and she said they'd sent him home on the bus. She asked if we'd signed him up for parental pickup. I thought we had to sigh him up for the bus. There was another Mom there who was in the same situation as me. I hurried home and passed his bus about a mile from our road. He sure was excited to ride the bus and said he wants to ride it every day. I enjoyed hearing him tell me about his day. After a snack the boys went right to playing with legos. Eli took a 3hr nap. This evening he tried cheerios for the first time. The boys were in bed around 8:30.

6 comments:

The Mommy said...

Well, at 6 months, Eli measured a 1/2 inch TALLER than Noah did at 16 months. And Eli was only 1lb lighter! Betting Eli will have Noah beat by Thanksgiving!

Grandma R said...

Noah has all the little Schmucker/Hostetler traits. Great grandma was 5ft. 1...grandma is 5ft. 1 and his daddy was just a little guy as well.

Grandma R again said...

Jacob looks so old compared to last year. Bus travel is the best. So much to learn...some you want and some you don't but so much to learn. Eli and cherrios...What a hoot. and dear little Adam just hanging in there. . Love to you all.

mom s said...

Jacob looks so grown up. Those eyes just melt your heart. I'm so glad he likes school. I bet Adam misses his big brother alot. Eli sure has cute expressions, and Adam always has a smile with a twinkle in his eye. All so precious.

Melissa said...

Wow, it's hard to believe Jacob is already in kindergarten. He looks like such a big boy!

Kimmy said...

Kat - I bet your right:)Were talking about a trip to IN, so hopefully we see you all soon.