CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009



Adam kept coughing as I took their picture.



Being silly for the camera.



I got up at 6am to exercise. Got to talk with Jared for a little while. Jacob and Adam were up around 7:45. After getting ready for the day we went outside to take care of the animals. The boys enjoy feeding the cats. Jacob always carries some hay to the goats with me. Well, this morning we found that Lockjaw (our goat) had died. The boys kept saying, "That’s so sad. I’m gonna miss her.” Jacob said, “I think her’s in heaven.” Adam said, "She's really tired. I think her's sleeping." I moved her into a stall for the time being. Clarence escaped and was searching for her while making a lot of noise. Back inside Jacob drew a picture of a goat and said it was for Lockjaw. I made pancakes for breakfast. We watched a Clifford video after breakfast. Kenzie called and I talked to her for a little while. Then Mom called with an update on Grandpa. He is not doing well and has been also diagnosed with MRSA and its in his lungs. The boys played with legos for a while. Then they played in their shelter (area above the bed). We took Jacob to school and got home shortly before 1:00. Adam and I played with legos for a while. He asked me to build Mater, Lightning Mcqueen, and Frank (Cars characters.) Then we played doctor and took turns being the doctor or the patient. Adam and I also played school. He pretended to be the Daddy who was taking me to school and picking me up. We watched Bob the Builder while I did my afternoon run. After taking care of the animals we headed back to school to pick up Jacob. Jacob said, “Mommy, I missed you so much. I missed you all day.” At 4:30 I tucked Adam in for a nap. Jacob and I played with legos. I talked with Jared who was visiting a lego store in NC. Just before dinner I woke Adam up from his nap. He was very grouchy and didn’t want to eat anything for dinner. We spent most of the evening playing with legos. Aunt Bippi posted some funny videos on her facebook that the boys enjoyed watching. Both boys talked to Daddy on the phone this evening. After tucking them in bed I got a call from my Mom saying that my Grandpa, age 93, had passed away. He was a wonderful man and I will really, really miss him.

7 comments:

The Daddy said...

so sorry to hear about Grandpa.

Uncle Dee said...

Jared had sent an e-mail about your grandfather's passing. I am sad to hear it -- Jared wrote that he was very independent and that there are lots of good stories to tell. I am sure that you and your family are going to enjoy sharing those stories over the next days. He lived a good life, didn't he? Remember those good times.

The Mommy said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Prayers to you & all your family...

Lela said...

In my memory, I would say that your grandpa was a wonderful dad to your mother and aunts. Such good memories will follow you for a long, long time. Just the short time I knew him has filled my brain with a few good stories as well. Kimmy, you have had one of the tough weeks of your life. Hang in there...It will be better. Love you all.

Kimmy said...

Thank you for the kind words and prayer.

Vikki's Blog said...

So glad I got to spend the night and feel the baby kick, just had to add that into your blog. And yes we will get through this together, and will definitely NEVER forget the awesome memories we have of and with Grandpa. I love you!!!

mom s said...

We will make it through together. You are so blessed to have such a kind supportive family on Jared's side too. Much love to all of my precious ones.