CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009










Jacob was up at 7:30 and soon woke Max up also. Not long after that Adam and Jack were awake. Jared went outside to take care of the animals while I gave the boys their breakfast. Soon Jared came back inside saying I needed to go look at Sammy because his abdomen was very swollen. The swelling was worse than I'd imagined. His sheath is swollen the size of a football and he is also very, very swollen on his abdomen and down his left leg. Walking is difficult for him. I remembered a horse at the barn where I boarded having a similar problem and it was due to a "bean" blocking his urethra. So, I cleaned him and got out a very large "bean". While cleaning him he flipped the grain tub as he tried to get it opened. He sure hasn't lost his appetite. I also noticed an infected wound on his left leg. We went out for Sat am drinks and donuts. It was a beautiful day outside and most of our day was spent outdoors. Jack took a 3hr nap and ate a late lunch after he'd woken up. The boys had fun playing in the leaves. Jacob and Max played together with the tractor and cart. Max drove and Jacob rode in the cart. Adam dropped my camera on the deck and it is now broken so back to using the old camera. We went inside for a while and the boys played with legos. Around 4:30 we headed over to Mom's house to celebrate Kenzie's 12th birthday. It was a fun evening spent with family and friends. The boys were very tired and fell asleep quickly on the drive home. We got home around 10pm.

0 comments: