CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Thanks Mom and Mel for taking pictures of the kids while I was in the hospital.
















The alarm was set for 5am. We had to be at the hospital by 6:45, my surgery was scheduled for 8:00. We took Eli over to Mel's house this morning. (Thank-you Mel for watching all the boys.) Jacob and Adam sure were excited about staying at Aunt Missy. Mom met us at the hospital. I wasn't paying attention and we drove to the wrong hospital. Good thing Jared is obssessively early because we still made it to St Mary's about 10 minutes early. After filling out some paperwork we waited for a short time. They then took us to a surgery waiting room so I could change into a gown and wait. There they gave me some meds and started an IV. The nurse and anesthesiologist's came in to meet me and they all were very kind. Dr Russell came in around 8:00. I asked her if I could still go to the Fair and walk around this week. She told me yes and that the walking would be very good. She did say that I'm not to do any housework for 6 months and told Jared that she'd write it on my chart. I'm not supposed to lift anything over a gallon of milk for 6 weeks though she did say I can lift Eli. I'm dissapointed that I can't do my daily running for that long. I'll have to find another exercise to do until then. Soon they were pushing me on the stretcher to the operating room. They moved me to the bed in there. The anesthesiologist took my blood pressure and then told me some numbers that he bet I wouldn't remember when it was all over, he's right. I don't even remember if he ever told me. He said he was going to put an oxygen mask on and have me take some deep breaths but I don't even remember that. The next thing I remember is waking up to see a nurse, Jared, and my Mom in recovery. Surgery took about an hour. They wheeled me up to my room but I don't remember the elevator ride up. I had a hard time staying awake but did order some food. I tried to eat but couldn't stay awake. When I woke up my tray was gone. My mouth and throat were really dry and I felt like I was going to choke on my sandwich bread. They left the jello and that was good. I slept until around 2pm. Mom had left when I got up to my room. She and my Dad came back to visit but Dad is marrying a couple today so they couldn't stay long. Jared left to go get some lunch. He also stopped at Tim Horton's and brought me a capuccino. I sure do miss the boys and can't wait to see them tomorrow. The nurse came in to help me up to the bathroom and then to walk the hallway. I felt dizzy and had to sit back down for a little while. My first walk in the hallway was hard. I felt warm and very nauseous. The nurse said I needed to get up and walk two more times this evening. The third walk this evening was much better. Vikki came up to visit. I was really warm and she drove home to get me a little fan. Her and Kenzie both came and brought me the fan. After they left I took a nap until dinnertime. For dinner I ate mac n cheese and also had applesauce, jello, and milk. This evening we watched the history channel on tv. I worked on updating my blog on Jared's laptop computer. We called to tell the boys goodnight. They were fun to talk to on the phone.

1 comments:

Fantom of Richardson said...

Way to go Kimmy - Out of the hospital in great shape with a MD's order for no house work for 6 months. That is very good planning!!! I'll bet "Mr. Safety" wanted her to write that in disappering ink.