CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SNOW!!!



Ready to go outside - waiting for Mommy to get ready.


Our snowman.




Jacob clearing the slide of snow. They went down the wet slide faster and loved it.







Hot chocolate.


I got up at 6:00 to exercise. We got some snow during the night and all schools were canceled. I was glad to hear when Jared made it to work safely. Adam woke up at 8:00 and he was really excited to see the snow outside. He asked me to go let the chickens out so they could play in the snow. I took the dogs outside and let the chickens out as Adam watched me from the window. The chickens were not thrilled about the snow. A couple flew a ways out and seemed to be stuck there. I made them a path to the barn. I noticed Jacob join Adam on the couch. He too was very excited about the snow. We went outside right after breakfast. First the boys used their shovels in the driveway. I, with a little help from Jacob, built a snowman. The boys gave the snowman several hugs and ask me what he was saying. Both boys liked eating the snow. We had fun making tracks in the snow. Adam loved pushing around the big snow shovel. Jacob sat on the shovel and I pulled him through the snow. Then we got out the sled and I pulled the boys around the yard. We went to the hill by our house and had fun sledding down that. Jacob liked jumping onto the sled after Adam and I'd get going. We sure had a great time in the snow. It was around 11:00 when we came inside and I made the boys some hot chocolate. My pants were soaked – next year I’m getting myself some snow pants. Jacob did some drawing, cutting and pasting and Adam to play with legos until lunch was ready. After lunch we watched Rudolf the red nosed reindeer. The boys enjoyed it but wanted me to forward the abominable snowman parts. Before tucking Adam in for a nap we read, “Roar of a Snore”, one of the boys new favorite books. Jacob and I then went outside to fix the snowman of ours that had fallen over. We also made a baby snowman. Jacob named the snowmen Kimmy and Adam. It was windy and cold so we didn’t stay out for long. We came inside and played with legos. Adam woke up after only an hour sleep. Jared worked on plowing the driveway until dinner was ready. The boys helped me make rice crispy treats. Jared had finals for a class this evening but ended up not being able to take it due to their computer problems. The boys sat at the counter together to play with the light bright. They also had fun hitting the ball into the goal using their hockey sticks. I got some laundry folded and put away. The boys played in the tub until pj time.

3 comments:

LRuss said...

Wonderful snow. Yesterday just about blew a few of us away with snow and wind. What crazy weather. Doug and I got our H1N1 flu shot yesterday. We were 130 out of 500 to get it at the Hamilton Ct. Fairgrounds. Lots of kids doing some dramatic crying. I'm am so excited about that shot. A good friend of ours got H!N1 Monday. Terrible, terrible. Asthma is driving me nuts this week. Got to get on it. Take care. A snow suit would be good for you.

Uncle Dee said...

And not just a little snow! That looks like a good amount! The snowman is impressive -- but I most love the pictures of hot chocolate. I remember how good that tasted after time in the cold and snow.

Yesterday we were back up in the 60s! But it has turned cold again today. No snow, though.

mom s said...

Nice colorful and fun pictures. Adorable snowman and boys.