CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy boy in the sand.

Here comes another load of sand.

Jacob watched Daddy from up here.


While Daddy left to get some more sand, Jacob played. Jacob said, "I love this already!"
Last load finished. Time to park the tractor in the barn.

Back in the sand after dinner.
Adam showing Jacob the dinosaurs on his shirt.

Jacob showing me how he drove on the tractor with Daddy.
Gotta prepare a spot to dump that load.


Hey Jacob, where's your hand?

There it is.



I got up at 6am. Adam was awake shortly after 8:00 and he helped me wake up Daddy. Soon Jacob came running down the hallway. As we were sitting on our bed Adam started puking up all the water that he’d just drank. We decided to stay home from church today. The boys drew with markers on notecards. Adam said he drew a boat and handed me the note card saying, “Keep that. I make more.” He brought me another one saying, “Keep more.” He told me this one was a triangle. Jacob drew me broken train tracks. Adam tried to puke again before breakfast but didn’t have anything left in him. He still asked for breakfast saying, “Cheerios, milk please?” and he also ate a banana. We went out to the barn and moved the broiler chicks to clean stalls. We also separated a group of smaller one into a stall of their own. The boys helped us hold up a barrier to guide the chicks to the stall next to theirs. Jacob was excited to find a huge (double yoke) egg in the hay. We then took a trip to town to get chick feeder and waterer from TSC. We stayed and watch a worker load a trailer onto a forklift. He then hauled it to display by the road with the other trailers. The boys loved watching that. Before going home I made a quick trip into meijer for a few things. We got home around 1:30 and made a pizza for lunch. After lunch we went outside. It was a beautiful, cool day. The temperature was in the mid 60’s. Adam started sounding tired so I took him inside to read books. We cuddled in the rocking chair for a long time. After tucking him in for a nap I went back outside. Daddy and Jacob were up in the fort. Jared had hauled one load of sand into the sandbox. I played in the fort with Jacob while Jared continued hauling the sand. We hung our legs off the side of the fort. Jacob stuck Daddy’s flannel under my leg and we pretended to be fishing. He said, “When you see a fish jump, pull it in!” He’d help me pull in the big fish (he showed me how big one was by stretching his arm out) and then he would cook it over a fire. He’d hand me some saying, “Would you like some fish?” Jacob drove around in his little tikes truck on the deck while I did a 30 min run. We then went back to see how Daddy was doing on the sand. Jacob was excited to play in the sand with his new tractors. Every time Daddy would come back with another load of sand Jacob would run up to the top of his fort. Adam was awake when we came inside. After dinner we went back outside. The boys had fun playing in the sand. They especially enjoyed digging with shovels. Jacob liked filling up his dump truck. We went inside around 7:30. Jared had a little time to play Mario Kart with the boys before the Red Wings game came on. I had a great time playing hide and seek with them until pj time. On their turns to hide it was always under the big blanket on the floor in our bedroom. After finding them Jacob would ask, “Was I really still? And Adam too?” We took turns hiding. They’d count to ten to give me time to hide. I loved seeing the excitement on their faces when they’d find me. The boys were tucked in bed shortly after 9pm.

4 comments:

Grandma R said...

Huge awesome sandbox. It's a good thing the hole is filled. Just awesome. The boys...all three...look very happy about the new play place.

The Daddy said...

wooo hoooo the boys now have a real sand box..did daddy tell them to make sure they keep the sand in the sand box..wonder when they will get to put water in the sand box??
I also watch the hockey game..too bad the WRONG TEAM won. (I'm sure uncle rick will agree too).

mom s said...

Very nice sandbox for the boys. They were talking so much about it today and were so excited. Fun Fun Fun!!! Love ya!

Melissa said...

The sandbox looks like fun!