CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

We forgot to give him this one.


Showing Nana how the new toys work.


Nana brought them a surprise from Washington D.C.
Snacktime on the dogs bed.


Watching a bird take a bath in the puddle.



Jacob seeing his rocket cake. Party with Nana, Papa, and Grandpa.

Presents.


He loves the forklift.




Adam tying up Nana.
Cake time.








Jacob woke up around 6:30. He lay in bed until 8am. We’d forgotten to give him a present so I hid it and had him search for it. He was very excited to open up a shovel. He brought out all his new things and said, “I got my new things!” I spread out a blanket and dumped beans on it for Jacob to play with. We had fun scooping and dumping them. He also liked pushing the beans with his scraper. Adam slept in until around 9:30. The boys watched the tractor video during breakfast. I love to listen to them talk together about the video. Jacob asked me to watch him while he went to share his backhoe with Adam. I worked on cleaning the house this morning. The boys played with the kitchen and then had fun with moon sand until lunchtime. After lunch they sat at the counter and played with their backhoes. I trimmed the boy’s hair. It was a very rainy day. The boys loved watching a bird take a bath in the puddle. Nana came over at 2:00. They boys were very excited to see her and loved showing her all the new toys. Nana brought the boys some stuffed animals that bounce. Adam didn’t want to bounce his animal. Nana showed me all her trip pictures on the tv. She headed home at 3:30. While Adam napped and Jacob rested I worked on decorating Jacob’s birthday cake. Jacob played with his new toys and colored at his desk. Then he played at PBS kids on the computer. Jared got home around 4:30. We got our Wii system back today. Adam woke up around 5:30. Around that time Nana, Papa, and Grandpa came over to celebrate Jacob’s birthday. Jacob showed Grandpa all his new toys. We made hotdogs and Sloppy Jo’s for dinner. Jacob was really excited to see his rocket cake. After dinner Jacob opened his presents. He first opened a card and a check from Grandpa. From Nana and Papa he got some money, shorts/t-shirt outfit, and a Bruder forklift. He played with that forklift the rest of the evening, only stopping for cake and ice cream. Jacob was excited about the superman ice cream. This evening Papa watched the boys while Jared, Mom, Grandpa, and I played Tonk. Dad finished my game while I started getting the boys ready for bed. They headed home around 8:30. Around 9:30 Adam started crying hard from his crib. I went in to check on him and found that he had puked up all over. I cleaned him up and took him to the rocking chair to cuddle. Jared took care of his bedding and got his sheets, blankets, and dog in the washer. Adam said, “I puked on bank-bee (blankey), socks too.” After a while I tucked him back in bed. At 11:00 he puked a lot again. We cleaned him up and then Daddy cuddled on the couch with him while I took care of his bedding. He puked again while we were in bed around midnight.

3 comments:

The Daddy said...

Too bad you dont have any steps in the house or Jared could teach Adam how to go down the stairs. Looks like you also pull what Jared and I call a "mom" thats when you forget where you hid one of the presents. Poor Adam hope he's feeling better..no fun to have the pukies. Looks like Jacob is gonig to have all the stuff you need to run a construction company

Grandma R said...

I think you all might need to build a piece on the house for all those trucks! A construction company you can organize for sure. How about installing sewers. And of course a "perfect" ending to a perfect day. Puke is the cherry on the sunday. Goodness I think Jacob had three days of birthday presents. What a perfect number 4 it has been. The rocket cake looks great.

Melissa said...

Neat rocket cake!