CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Tricycle ride on the rail trail.




Jacob took this picture of Adam and I.

He loves these sunglasses.

We also took a short walk to this hunters memorial.


"Look Mommy, no hands!"

Hugs!

Ready to catch a ball.




I was up at 6am and Jacob was up around 7:30. He rested on the couch while I finished my exercises. For breakfast the boys requested cheerios (milk separate) and toast. Adam now loves toast with peanut butter; Jacob’s favorite lately is toast with cinnamon. They ate breakfast while sitting on the couch. After breakfast we watched a Baby Einstein video. Then Adam came walking out of Jacob’s bedroom with both tool cases in his hands saying, “Tools out Mommy.” I trimmed Truman and Kate's nails. Jacob drew pictures on note cards. Adam asked him to draw an airplane and he drew me a long train track which continued onto another card. Adam can make Jacob’s tricycle move forward by pedaling and then backpedaling. His legs can’t reach to try and pedal all the way around. Jacob was acting very tired and cranky this morning. He seemed to need everything that Adam had. After lunch we headed over to the rail trail with the tricycles. The weather was perfect. It was sunny day and low 60 degrees. Jacob had a hard time staying awake on the drive there. The boys sure were excited about riding their trikes. I pushed Adam using the handle but he kept his feet moving on the pedals. He loves to go fast. When I’d slow down he say, “Do it gain Mommy, Do it gain!” Jacob did great. He even showed me how he could pedal without holding onto the handles. He said, “And I can even steer it without hanging on.” We stopped halfway for a drink and a snack. We also visited the hunter’s memorial. We got home around 2pm. After reading books I had the boys take naps. Both of them fell asleep quickly. I did a 30 min run. Jared got home shortly after 4pm. He and I went out on the deck for a little while. The ducks were in our pond. Then Jared mowed the front yard. I did another 30-min run on the deck. The boys woke up just before dinner was ready. When I went in to get Adam up he pointed at his frog lovie and said, “Froggie leeping” and he lay his head down by the frog. Jacob was crabby waking up. But soon he was laughing as Daddy gave him a fun ride to the dinner table. After dinner we went back to the rail trail to go hiking in the woods at the memorial. The trail was too flooded so we ended up turning back. The boys rode their tricycles on the rail trail and we all had a great time. Adam was a little stunt man on his tricycle. He liked to stand on his seat or squat while being pushed. He'd get off and say, "Wait Daddy, Wait!" as he adjusted the foot step. He also liked to stand on that while we pushed him. On the way back Jared and I ran some while pushing the boys. They loved it. Adam squatted on his seat the whole time. When I’d stop he’d say, “Do it gain please.” We got home shortly after 8pm. After their snack the boys begged Daddy to play Mario galaxy. He played one game before bedtime routine. They were tucked in bed by 9pm. Jared and I watched 24.

0 comments: