CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 2





















Jared left around 5am. He went home to take care of the animals and get ready for work. Soon after he left Adam woke up. I brought him in bed with me and he fell asleep quickly. I got a late start to my exercises this morning. Adam woke up around 8:00. Mom stayed with the boys while Vikki and I took my last 30 min run around the campground. Jacob was awake around 9:00. After breakfast Mom, the boys, and I went for a long walk. As I was looking for my shoes, Adam found Vikki’s flip flops (which are exactly like mine) and said, “Here’s Kimmy’s shoes!” Mom and I took notes on the good sites (not flooded) so we’d know for the next time we camp here. Jacob made sure to warn us when any vehicles were coming. Adam would also let us know. Nana gave the boys a dollar to spend at the camp store. They each got an ice cream bar. Vikki and Kenzie went to town. It was another cool day. We got back to our site around lunchtime. Vikki bought the boys tractors with trailers that they had fun playing with. After lunch Jacob and Kenzie went into the tent to play. Adam pushed around his suitcase and pretended it was a snowplow. We went on a bike ride. Jacob and Adam sure enjoy riding in the bike cart. I pulled them thru the big puddles. Kenzie and I had a raced. We came back to change into our suits to go swimming. Jacob swam all over using just his swimmies. Adam liked me catching him as he jumped into the pool, but only if he was holding my fingers. He also loves to be splashed. Kenzie and I had several races across the pool. We got out after about an hour. Nana and I took the kids on the 4:00 hayride. That was fun. Nana read to Adam and lay him down for a nap. He was asleep really quickly. Kenzie started the campfire. I did a 1hr run. Vikki and Kenzie went putt putt golfing. Adam slept thru dinner. Jared came around 6:30. After dinner we made smores. I woke Adam up and warmed up his dinner. We took a walk to the playground and the kids had fun there. Then we came back and sat around the campfire. The boys enjoyed some hot chocolate. Jared burnt his leg bad on the metal around the fire. I took a sliver out of Mom’s finger. We were in bed around 10:00.

Jacob doing some more typing


1t1n1a1n1g1e1r1p1s1iy1m1m1o1m1

3 comments:

The Daddy said...

Did Mr Safty forgot that fire and metal get hot?? at least he wasn't walking around the fire pit 10 min after he got to the site

Mom R said...

Wow...another post on the same day! I'll need to think about keeping up. Still feel like a Mac Truck hit me around this time of day. I'm ready for a NO jet lag evening.

Eric said...

same here....wonder if uncle dee figured it out or not