CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 20, 2009

Jacob block trucks.




Jared's ready to get that fox.

Boys driving their garbage truck.



This morning, after doing my exercises, I lay back in bed for a while. Jacob soon came to cuddle with me. Adam woke up around 9:00. The boys watched Bob the Builder while they ate breakfast. Adam decided to give Truman a spoonful of his cheerios. I rocked Jacob and we read some books. Then Adam wanted a turn being rocked and he picked out a book for me to read. I worked on packing things for our trip to Copper Harbor. I also did some laundry. After lunch we got out the blocks. Jacob made lots trucks from them. He also set up an area to launch off some fireworks. Jacob complained when Adam knocked down what he’d built. I suggested that Adam build some of his own things to knock over. Then Jacob said, “I can build him some things to knock over.” Adam held a couple blocks together and pretended it was a bulldozer. The boys picked up all the blocks while I loaded washed clothes into the dryer. I could hear Jacob getting Adam to help pick them all up before I came out. I waited until Jacob told me they were ready for me to come see. I let them know how proud of was that they’d worked together and got them all picked up. Then Jacob put the container away in the closet. What a great helper he has become. We went outside and the boys played while I pulled weeds from around the day lilies. Jacob loaded piles of weeds into his tractor cart and hauled them away. Adam pet Nutmeg and then ran to me saying, “I pet that horsey. That horsey like me!” After I was done pulling weeds we picked apples and fed them to the horses. We came in around 2:30. The boys ate a snack while I read some stories from their bible. Adam took a 3 hr nap. Jacob sat at the desk in his bedroom and drew with markers. He liked pretending his papers were mail to be delivered. He made me some pictures and also some for Daddy. He wrapped Daddy’s pictures in his blanket and then hid it for Daddy to find later. I did a 1hr run. Jacob played with moon sand for a while. Jared got home around 5:45. After dinner we took a trip to McDonald’s for smoothies. That was a really yummy treat. Before going home we stopped to talk with Zeck (neighbor boy) about taking care of our animals while were gone camping. He and his Dad were bailing hay in the field. They stopped to talk with Jared. At home Jared cleaned a stall for Kate to stay in during our trip. Jacob was filling up his shirt with barn dirt and hauling it elsewhere. Adam tried to do that too. I picked and cut up some rhubarb. Jacob pulled Adam around in the bike cart. Then they both pulled it around and pretended it was a garbage truck. After the boys were tucked in bed I gave Jared a haircut. Jared is sitting outside for a couple hours tonight to see if the fox comes again. Last night it dug up another dead chicken.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Well, a fox is bigger than a skunk so maybe Jared will be able to shoot it. :)

eric said...

thats what I told him yesterday too..plus foxes dont spray either....didn't see any stories about a dead fox this morning so I'm guessing he struck out last nigt

Wise Mom R said...

Well, we killed two mice in the house. Traps is the secret. How about a dead chicken bait in a bear trap. That might work. The fox can smell JB in the dark!!!!

Eric said...

Well Jared does kinda smell too!

mom s said...

Jared is a soap dispenser. The fox won't pick up his scent.

Wise Mom R said...

I keep forgetting about the soap dispenser. I hope he's using unsented soap. Maybe he could find something that smells like chickens. Uck...I just thought of dead chickens. That might not be so good for the rest of us.