CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 8







This morning Jared took a group of 50 chickens to be butchered. On his way there the bottom cage collapsed under the top cage. All the chickens were ok. I got up at
6:00. Jacob and Adam were up around 7:45. They watched Curious George while I did my last 30 min run. The boys wanted to use the sidewalk chalk so we took a walk to find a good spot for drawing. Jacob made a rode that Adam wanted to walk on. I made Adam his own rode for walking on. We had fun tracing each others body’s as we lay on the pavement. Vikki, Kenzie, and I relaxed in the screen tent while the boys had fun in the dirt. Then Mom, Vikki, and I played dice until lunchtime. At 1:45 the boys and I headed home so I could help Jared take care of the chickens. Adam was asleep before we’d left the campground and Jacob was sleeping soon after that. At home I tucked them into bed and they continued sleeping. I did an hour run. Jared got home around 4pm and we woke the boys to go pick up the chickens. We were back home around 5:30. The boys played while Jared and I took care of the chickens. Jared freezer wrapped and got them on the scale while I wrote down wt/price and packed them into the freezer. Then after taking care of the animals we headed back to the campground. The boys ate sandwiches and pretzels on the drive. Jared, the boys, Mom, Vikki and I went out for ice cream cones. The place we went to had 24 different flavors of soft serve ice cream. Jacob got peanut butter and Adam got banana flavor. This evening we did sparklers with the kids. Jacob and Adam kept saying, “This is fun!” We were in bed around 10:30.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute videos. Love how Jacob made a car with the stroller and cooler. Great imagination.