CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Jack!





















Adam loves ice tea. He is sharing a drink with Max.



The boys were up around 8:30. They watched the tractor video during breakfast. For breakfast they usually eat cheerios and toast with cinnamon. They like to sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on their toast. I had to get my blood drawn after a 12 hr fast so we headed there around 10:30. As I was packing a lunch for the boys Adam asked, "That for Copper Harbor Mommy?" The boys shared a chair in the waiting room at the clinic and Jacob held his arm around Adam. He whispered to me, “We need to be quiet in here?” We went into the room and Jacob stood ready to watch. Adam started to cry and sat on my lap. But as the nurse came with the needle he was ready to get down and stand by Jacob. The boys liked seeing under my bandage where I got poked. We got to Mom’s house around noon. The boys ate a packed lunch. Then they had fun playing in the basement with Kenzie. We sang Happy Birthday to Jack over the phone. He turned one year old today. At 1:30 I headed over to my dentist appointment. Kenzie and Adam wanted to come with me. Jacob wanted to stay with Nana. On the way we stopped to check on Grandpa because he wasn’t answering his phone. The doors were locked and I had to get to my appointment so we decided to stop back on the way home. Kenzie and Adam liked watching as I got my teeth worked on. Many times today then Adam would ask to look at my teeth. With his eyes nearly touching my mouth he'd say, "Ohhhh. Thhhhat" in a quiet tone. We got into Grandpa’s and he was hunched over in the chair. He said we should stay back as he was feeling very sick. When we got back to Mom’s she and Jacob were building with Lincoln logs. Mom left to take Grandpa to the hospital. I lay Adam down for a nap. Mel got there around 4pm to decorate for Jack’s birthday party. Adam was having a hard time falling asleep so I lay down with him until he was asleep. Jared came there after work. Dad showed him his new motorcycle that he got. We worked on decorating until dinner was ready. Adam woke up around 6:00. After a while of visiting it was time for cake and ice cream. Jack liked being sung to and Hailey helped him blow out his candle. Jack got the first piece of cake. He loved squishing it with his hands. And once he got a taste he loved eating it. He shoveled it in until it was gone. It was funny to watch. Then it was time for him to open his presents. Mel also got the older kids sticker books to open and play with while Jack was opening his gifts. If Mel didn't have Jack for a moment he was crawling away quickly. Jack loved sitting on his new Mater ride on truck. After he got a turn the other kids took turns on it. In the evening we went outside and the kids had fun riding bikes. Adam really enjoyed driving the battery powered jeep. We left around 10pm. Jacob fell asleep on the drive home. I rocked Adam before tucking him in bed.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for taking pictures at the party. You took great pictures, on my camera and yours. That's a nice picture of Jacob and Kenzie. And I love the ones of Jacob playing with Jack and the one of Adam sharing his tea with Max. Also, thanks for all your help getting ready for the party.