CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 20, 2009



Uncle Jared showing Kenzie how to hold the crayfish.


She got a little braver.


Wrapping Daddy present.
Jacob being patient as Adam tries to get the tape in the right spot.
Ok, maybe Adam should hand me the tape.
Adam's done. Jacob finished it. Then he hide it in the room for Daddy to find in the moring.






I got up at 6:00. Jacob came walking out to smile at me. I asked him if he saw Kenzie and he said, “Yes, hers laying in my bed.” Kenzie and Jacob had fun looking at the Where’s Waldo book together. Soon Jared and Adam were awake. After breakfast we headed into town for drinks and donuts. Adam talks a lot about his stay at Aunt Missy’s house. I love his silly expressions as he tells me what he and Hailey did in the bedroom at bedtime. He also said, “I wore a bib” and then told me it had cars on it. We went to Salvation Army, Meijer, and Home Depot. Kenzie and I went into meijer while Jared and the boys went to Home Depot. I was gonna take Adam in with me but he cried, “I wanna go Home Depot with Daddy.” Kenzie and I had fun looking at Father’s Day cards. We got home around 1:00. After a late lunch we went outside. Jared got out the bigger pool to put up but it had a couple holes in it. He made a trip to town for some pool patches. Kenzie had fun searching through the “pond” water for creatures. She found some tadpoles. A couple of the tadpoles are bigger and have little hind legs. She also found some small crayfish, a frog, and a worm. I lay Adam down for a nap around 3pm. While Jared was gone Kenzie and Jacob made Father’s Day cards. They were both very creative and had a lot of fun. Jacob is very good at using the glitter. He shakes it around to get on the glue and then dumps it off onto the paper with a crease. Then he pours it from the creased paper into our rainbow glitter container. He cut up some old cards and hung them on the wall with tape for Daddy. Once Jared was back we went outside to work on the pool. We got it patched and then started filling it up with water. Jared is also building a chicken tractor from pcv pipes. His pipe cutter broke so he had to take another trip to town. Kenzie and Jacob helped me prepare dinner. We made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Adam woke up just before dinner was ready. He was so quiet that I didn’t know he was awake until I peeked in his bedroom. After dinner Uncle Jared and Kenzie looked thru the Where’s Waldo book together. Then they kids worked more on their Fathers Day cards. Jared continued finding things in the Waldo book. At bedtime, after Daddy read Adam his bible, Adam pointed at the words on the back saying, “Dat says Mommy, Daddy Russell. Mommy, Daddy.” Jacob wanted Kenzie to read to him. She rocked him in the rocking chair. They sang Five little Monkey’s jumping on the bed. After I tucked Adam in bed he cried, “Kenzie rock me too.” She rocked him for a little while. He told her, “You my best friend. Daddy too.” He was pointing at things in the room saying, “I like dump truck. I like…” Jared went outside to work on building the chicken tractor. It took Jacob and Kenzie a while to fall to sleep.

5 comments:

Grandma in Kenya said...

What in the world is a chicken tractor? I can't imagine anything. Kenya is half over. On to more work today after spending two days at Nukuru finding all kinds of African animals. Time to work. I discovered that SEM works 7 days a week right along with Joe. People to take care of all the time. We're off to Sally Test around 9 this morning. Love you all. Love the blog as usual.

The Daddy said...

Yeah I was wondering what a chicken tractor is too??

Kimmy said...

I'll have to post pictures. But it is a movable chicken coop lacking a floor. Were going to be using it for the broilers.

Anonymous said...

The boys sure are good helpers now.
I love the cards they made for papa. Kenzie always has such a great time at your house.

mom s said...

Last comment was from me...Love ya