CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009
















I got up at 6am. Jared had my coffee (even my mug and creamer) all ready for me this morning. He’s such a thoughtful husband. Jacob woke up shortly before 8am and Adam was up soon after that. The boys had a fun time playing with Vikki’s road set (she is letting us use it). I enjoyed building roads too. During breakfast they watched the tractor video. We had to go to towm for some things. I let the dogs outside as I got the boys in their carseats. When I went to put them back inside Truman was gone. After a long while searching for him and driving up and down our road I found him near Stark. He was running fast back for home and was all muddy. After putting Truman back in the house I got in the van and Adam said, “Mommy, want Truman out here gain.” I guess he thought the whole thing was fun. We headed over to the grain elevator for chicken food. After the guys loaded up the 10 bags Adam said, “I go wimming at Nana’s house. I want tell him dat.” On the drive to the grocery store the boys noticed some construction vehicles at work. It was a very busy construction site with excavators, bob cats, dump trucks and many more. I parked on the side of the road and we watched them work for a little while. The boys thought it was really neat. We also went to the grocery store and Home Depot. At Home Depot the boys liked watching the forklift being used. The broiler chickens didn’t have any food this morning so I fed them right away when we got home. After lunch we went for a swim in our bigger pool. Jacob loved it. Adam didn’t care for it and preferred playing from the outside of the pool. He seemed to like it at first but soon started crying. I tried holding him but he just wanted out. As I pulled weeds in the garden Adam, who was by the pool, started crying. I hurried to him and he said, “Dat bug on my head. On my back. Dat bug bite me.” It looks like he got stung on his back. He said, “I want call Daddy.” We went inside so we could call Daddy at work. He wasn’t there so the boys left him a message. I put some medicine on the sting and Adam asked for a bandade. Jacob said, “I can put that on for you” and he put the bandade over the sting. Adam was telling me about being stung and his bandaide and then asked, “Wanna see?” The boys ate a snack while we read books. At 2:30 I tucked Adam in for a nap. Jacob seemed very tired so I had him lay in bed while resting today. He played with some cars. I did a 30 min run. At 3:30 we went outside. Jacob played while I worked on putting fencing around the chicken tractor. We came inside for a little while to cool down in the AC. It was a hot 90 degree day. Jacob played with the road set while I relaxed with a cup of coffee. Then we went back outside to do more work on the chicken tractor. Jared got home at around 6pm. Adam woke up around that same time. Jacob tried strawberries and decided now that he loves them. After dinner we went back outside to finish the chicken tractor. We moved it into the paddock and then started hauling two chickens at a time in a container with a lid. Before placing them in their new home they all got sprayed with the hose. I did the spraying and then carried them in the container over by the "tractor". Jared did the catching of all the birds and carryed them to me with the hose. Then he put the sprayed chickens in the "tractor". It was a hard, nasty (flapping wings of very dirty birds) job but needed to be done. After getting the first stall of chickens done we moved the second stall of chickens into the roosters coop. He is going to be in a stall for a couple weeks. We sprayed all of them off once they were in the coop. The boys played while we worked. They had lots of fun in the hayloft and then finished up the evening by spraying each other with the hose. We came back inside around 9:30. The boys were tucked in bed by close to 10pm. We have to get up early because I have 2hr dentist appointment at 8:00. The boys are staying with Nana.

3 comments:

The Daddy said...

I had to figue the chicken tractor would be big too.

Melissa said...

Those pictures sure do show how much fun they have with the hose.

Gramdma R said...

Crazy little boys. Well, come to think of it...the apple doesn't fall to farm from the tree. Sooooo good to see pictures from the USA.