CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 22, 2009















I got up at 6am to do my exercises. Jacob slept until around 8:30. He typed on the computer. Then we went outside to feed Sammy his grain. Mom called to see if we wanted to come pick strawberries with her this morning. Adam woke up just after she called at around 9:30. The boys ate breakfast and then I helped them get ready for the day. We headed over to Mom’s house around 10:30. In the van Adam showed Jacob how he can count to 11. Then Jacob said, “You know what? I can count to 100. I’ll show you at Nana’s house.” At Mom’s I put sunscreen on the boys while she took her dog outside. Then we headed right over to the strawberry farm. Jacob sure was excited about going strawberry picking with Nana. We got to take a drive past the homes we grew up in which I always love doing – great memories! Jacob rubbed his eyes and got sunscreen in them. He could barely open them by the time we got to the place. I tried to wash it out but that didn’t help. He cried about this, more than not, most the while we picked. I brought a big umbrella for them to sit under and some tractors to play with but Jacob’s eyes were bothering him too much. I felt so bad for him. Mom and I hurried to pick but the picking was slim. We filled up two containers and then called it quits. Jacob did like when Nana and I were trying to find the biggest strawberry. Adam loved being there and enjoyed eating the strawberries. He’d pick a strawberry, pull off the stem, and then eat it. It was very hot, nearly 90 degrees out today. On the way back to Mom’s house we stopped for slurpies at 7 eleven. The boys liked picking out their flavors and straw colors. We ate a late lunch when we got back to Mom’s house. Papa was there for lunch and both boys were excited about that. We got on swimming suits and went for a refreshing swim. We also set up the sprinkler for the boys to play in. Adam played in that for a while before joining us in the pool. He complained, “I want out” for a while before deciding that he really liked being in the pool. He preferred to be held by me or Nana, but did spend some time in the floating pool toy and liked that too. Jacob hung out on the ladder at first. He'd climb down on the ladder into the water. When I carried him around in the water he hung onto me very tightly yelling, "I want out!" I showed him that the water noodle and swimmies would keep him from going under water. Soon he realized how much fun it was being in the water. I spun him in circles saying, “Motor boat Motor boat go so slow. Motor boat Motor boat go so fast. Motor boat Motor boat step on the gas!” He loved this as I spun him really fast at the end. As Jacob worked on kicking his feet to swim he smiled really big and laughed excitedly. He always made sure to have one or both of my fingers. Nana brought out the pool air mattress. Jacob liked sitting on that with his feet in the water. He put the basketball hoop over his head and then sang a song that he'd made up. Adam thought it was funny to dump cups of water over my head. He also had fun running thru the sprinker. Jacob preferred being in the pool. We stayed in there for a long time. Around 4:30 we went inside and Adam rested in Nana’s bed. I lay with him for a little while. Jacob played with the road set. Jared came over to Mom’s from work. He and Dad played some games of pingpong. Mel and her kids came over too. All the kids went downstairs to play until dinner was ready. Dad left for a meeting at church. Mom, Mel, Hailey, and I headed to another church where Hailey is attending VBS. Jared stayed with the four boys. We stopped at Tim Horton’s after dropping Hailey off at church. We visited at Mom’s until around 7:30. We stopped at Lowe’s for a few things. On the way home an airplane flew right in front of our van window and then landed at the small airport. The boys thought it was really neat to see and watch land. Jacob said, Wow, that’s HUGE!” Then he asked, “Why’s that plane look so small from way up in the sky? After taking care of the animals I took the boys inside and tucked them in bed around 9:30. Jared worked on the chicken tractor.

*I forgot my camera at Mom's. I post pictures soon:)

6 comments:

Grandma R said...

Hi kids. I'm checking the blog about every two days. I'm trying to keep up but sooooooooooo busy here working and cleaning and working and cleaning. It's a merry-go-round almost spinning out of control. Not quite but almost. Way to much to do. Take care.

uncle dee said...

Well, one of the cool things in recent days have been the updates from Grandma R! She sounds as if she is having fun -- but I'll bet she would enjoy playing in some water with her grandsons. I hear there are a lot of pictures on Andrew and Noah's blog -- and Nolan has some updates, too!

Melissa said...

That's a good picture of Uncle Jared and Jack. Cute!

no longer chip said...

And just look at Jared's cheeks! Who is the real chipmunk in the family?

mom s said...

Fun pool pictures! Enjoyed having you and the boys come swim with me.
I also love the picture of Jared and Jack. Love ya!

Grandma R said...

I'm back checking the blog. Wow...Jacob...you are a very big boy swimming in that very big pool. You certainly are having fun. I bet Grandpa could cool off in your water. It's very cool here in Eldoret even thought we are practically on the equator. That's crazy. But we are in a high elevation. That makes a big difference. See you camping very soon.