CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Parade Day (cont)














Adam loved getting his head wet under the slide.




"Lets race!"



As Jacob kicked his feet in the water I teased, "Your getting me wet." Jacob replied, "I don't mind."














Jared and I were up at 6:00. While I did my exercises Jared went out to the barn to weigh broilers and picked out 30 to take tomorrow morning. The boys were up around 8:00. On the drive to church Jacob said, “I teach Adam things. I’m gonna teach him how to say words.” Then he said things like, “Adam, say car. Say ment (cement) truck. Say light. Say flower…" Jacob gave me an excited look when Adam would repeat the words. During church today Adam didn’t cry as we walked back to class. I sat by him in a chair and he said, "Know what, I wuv you." He stood during the song and then walked up by himself to put his offering in the tube. I stayed in the room until the lesson was done. When it was time to play Adam quickly found the Noah’s arch. He started crying as I told him goodbye but stopped just as soon as I walked out the door. The boys sure were excited to show us what they’d made in class. Miss Emma said Adam did really good and even participate with making the project. We got home and ate an early lunch. Around 11:30 we headed out to see the Bavarian parade. On the drive there Jacob saw the big piles of gravel and asked, “What’s them mountains?” Adam told us, “I in Jay-ub’s class.” The parade started at 1pm. We got there early and enjoyed visiting with family until it started. The kids sure were excited. During the parade Jacob would point at things saying, “Look it, Fire truck! Look it, tractor! Look it, semi truck pulling a trail (trailer)! …) Adam pointed out some things also. He mostly watched and waved. We headed over to Aunt Debbie’s house around 2:30. Jacob said, “I was so cited (excited)! That was so so fun.” Jacob and Adam played trains with a little boy named Joey. Then we got them in their suits and took them out by the pool. At first they only wanted to sit by me and kick their feet in the water. Soon they were having fun on the pool steps. I put swimmies on Jacob and he liked showing people his “muscles.” Mom, Dad, Vikki, Rody, Kenzie, Mel and her family were soon there also. Jacob went down the waterslide by himself. He came down fast and went under the water. Even though he laughed he didn’t want to do that again. Adam enjoyed being in the water with Daddy. He liked jumping and having Daddy catch him. His tongue sure was out a lot. One time Adam climbed over the edge to get into the water by himself. Then a while later he walked down the last step, where the water was over his head, and went under. Beside the time the kids got out to eat, most of their time was spend in or around the pool. They really had fun playing with the water noodles. We headed home around 6:30. Jacob fell asleep and continued sleeping as we moved him into his bedroom. We took care of the animals. Adam was tucked in bed around 9pm.

6 comments:

The Daddy said...

before the boys jumped in the pool did jared tell them to not get wet??

mom s said...

It was sure a fun day. I enjoyed watching the parade and swimming. Nice to see them all having fun together. Thanks for posting all the pictures. You took some good ones and since I brought the wrong camera, I'll get some of yours now.

mom s said...

I love the picture of Jared running with the horses. Sammy looks good!

Melissa said...

I love the picture of Bruce holding Jack in the pool. The ones of Jack and Adam racing are funny. Adam sure was brave in the pool. I don't think he realized the water was over his head until he fell in. He sure was funny to watch.

Melissa said...

Sammy does look great.

Kimmy said...

Eric, no he didn't but I have heard him say that before.