CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 10, 2009


Fakers!



Adam woke up before I finished my last exercise. He sat on the bed with Truman while I finished. As he softly pet his head he said, "I being gentle with Truman." Jacob was soon awake also. Adam chose to watch the Clifford video this morning. After breakfast the boys sat at the counter and played with playdoh. They had me make them each a dog. Jacob made all the things the dog might need and fed it eggs. Adam had me make him a dog house, dishes, and a blanket. He wrapped the dog in the blanket and lay it in the dog house. We went outside and took a walk down our road. Jacob wanted to show me the flowers he’d seen the other day. He said, “I sink (think) there’s sunflowers at the bery (very) end of the road. I sink there is.” There weren’t any sunflowers but there were lots of beautiful yellow and purple flowers that we enjoyed looking at. The boys found some rocks to bring home. We came back from our walk and played in the sandbox. Then the boys took turns getting pushed on the swing. They’d give (or try to give) each other high fives when one was done and the other was going to get on. We came inside just before lunchtime. After lunch the boys did some coloring and we watched a Raffi concert video. Jared got here around 1:30 and we headed over to Jacob’s preschool for a 2pm meeting. The boys happily played with the toys in the office while Jared and I filled out paperwork and talked with the director. She then took us to Jacob’s classroom, the purple room. He loves his classroom and is really excited to start school. He’ll be going Mon-Thur from 12:30-3:45pm. The meeting took about an hour. Jared left right away to go back to work. The boys wanted to play on the playground so we stayed there for a little while. As we were leaving I told Jacob that I thought his classroom was really neat. He said, "Thank you Mommy, for saying that." Then we headed over to Thrune park. I changed them into their swim trunks and they had fun playing in the stream, pool, and with the sand. It was a warm day (low 80’s). We stayed for over an hour and had a great time. Adam even told me he had to pee and went there at the park. We got home around 5:30 and Jared got home shortly after that. After dinner Jared played some Mario Kart. He had class this evening. I dusted and vacuumed while the boys play on a blanket in the kitchen. They had fun with their matchbox cars and dominos. Then they played in the tub until pj time. They were tucked in bed by 9:30. Jacob excitedly talked about his preschool classroom telling me about his favorite things in the room. When I told him that Nick, the neighbor boy, is going to be in his class he said, "I love him." He then said, "Adam's not going to be in my class?" I told him that Adam wasn't old enough because he's only 2yrs old. Jacob smiled and said, "When Adam is 3 then I'm gonna be 5."

3 comments:

Uncle Dee said...

Did you meet Jacob's teacher? What was in the room? Was there a classroom pet? Easel? Building blocks? Lots of books? Balls? Clay? Play-dough? Balance beam? (This last is really showing my age -- in the 70s many preschool classrooms had balance beams -- I don't think they are as common now as they were then . . . or, at least, they are not common in Georgia.)

Melissa said...

Love the picture of the boys fake sleeping. So funny.

Kimmy said...

Due to State funding issues Jacob's teacher is on layoff right now. Most of the kids have had their teacher home visits but Jacob's will be after school has started. His classroom is great (I should have taken a picture) and including puzzles, blocks, an easel, all sorts of art things, clay, paints, balls, books (also a library next room over), kitchen area, dress up clothes, legos, trucks, dolls, tool bench/tools, games, and so much more. I didn't see a balance beam nor a pet(but that may come when school starts?) Jacob's favorite were the scissors (that cut rigid edges) and the tools. Adam liked the one orange chair and told the director, "Thats a cute chair."