CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009




Jacob opening his new school backpack.





Bus ride.


I was up at 6am and the boys were up shortly after 8:00. We ate breakfast and watched the tractor video. Then Jacob got out the foam blocks to build with. We also made roads using construction paper and chalk. The boys played with those for a long time. Then Jacob did some drawing. We went outside until lunchtime. Played in the sandbox and on the swing. Jacob got scared when he saw a bee. Then we went to the back deck and the boys rode around on the ride on vehicles. After lunch the boys sat at the counter to draw and cut. Then they went back to playing with the foam blocks. Jacob built a house for us to play in using toys and ride on vehicles for walls. He made a bedroom for Adam and I also. After waking up Jacob said we were going to go fishing, then to the playground, and then we were going swimming. At 2:30 we read some books and ate a snack. I tucked Adam in for a nap and Jacob rested while playing with wooden blocks and some cars. I did a 30 min run. At 4pm I woke up Adam and we headed to the post office to pick up a package. I was surprised to find it by our mailbox (usually they just leave us a note). Back at home the boys played with wooden blocks while I prepared meatloaf and peeled potatoes for dinner. Jared got home around 5pm. Jacob opened his package and loves his new backpack. Until dinner was ready we played school. I pretended to be driving a school bus. Jacob loves putting on his own backpack and also helps Adam put on his. I'd pick the boys up from home, take them to school, and then pick them up to go back home. Daddy was a substitute driver a couple times but the boys preferred Mommy to be the driver. I packed Jacob’s new lunchbox with crackers and a drink which he shared with Adam. After dinner we headed to the forest to release the opossum (per my request). The boys liked watching it take off into the woods. When we got home I cleaned and vacuumed the van. Jared worked on cleaning out the corn burner and getting it ready for cold weather. The boys were tucked in bed by 9pm.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Jacob looks excited to start school with his new backpack.

mom s said...

I love the matching backpack and lunchbox. He's all set. Looks like such a big boy now.

Grandma R said...

What a great expression on Jacob's face when he's wearing his backpack. Pure joy. These kids are growing up way to fast. School already. When is the first day?

Kimmy said...

Jacob starts school on Oct 5th.