CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 21, 2009


Jacob coloring. Then he added garbage bags to the back.


Daddy, the steam roller.



Adam woke up at 8am. We sat in his bedroom for a while playing with the kitchen things. He likes to prepare me foods and always asks, "Is it too hot?" When I say yes he takes my plate, puts it in the freezer (microwave), and sets the timer. Adam asked, “Why’s Jacob not awake?” Soon Jacob walked into the bedroom and Adam asked, ‘You awake Jacob?” We watched Clifford during breakfast. After breakfast Jacob sat at the little table to color with markers. Adam played with the fishing puzzle. Then the boys made a fire truck using the couch and some other things. We had fun pretending in that. Jacob did lots of nice drawings and coloring this morning. Both boys liked having me draw them some different trucks which they colored. I packed much of Adam’s 2T clothes away and I also worked on laundry. After lunch we played in Jacob’s house. Jacob said, "I love the baby." He also said that my belly is getting bigger because the baby is growing, and growing, and growing as he moved his hands apart further. Time seems to be going by fast with this pregnancy. I am already 16 wks and have an ultrasound in a week. Also I can feel the baby moving now. I lay Adam down for a nap around 2:30. Jacob rested while drawing with markers. He folded some papers and made Daddy and I each a book. I did a 30 min run and then sat down to play with Jacob. Then he wanted to dance and showed me his cool moves which included many somersaults. I got potatoes peeled and ready to boil for dinner. Adam woke up and watched Jacob and I played the computer construction game. Jared got home around 5pm. He helped me get clothes packed away into the crawlspace. The boys went down there too for a little while. After dinner Jacob and I went thru his new High Fives magazine together. Adam sat with us for some of it too. Then we played a little board game that came with it. The boys were running up and down the hallway pretending to be flying with parachutes. Daddy pretended to be a steamroller and rolled across the floor with the boys. They sure thought that was funny. Adam’s been doing great on the potty. He tells us, “I peeing” when he has to use the potty (even for pooping). He usually has a very small amout in his underware but mostly goes on the potty. He has also been wearing underware during his naps and staying dry. One of the books we read at bedtime was “Where the Wild Things Are.” Jacob said almost every word with me as we read it tonight. The last page he likes to read by himself as he points to each word saying, "And it was still hot."



Jacob's tractor drawings. The first tractor is planting a field.

























8 comments:

Uncle Dee said...

Inquiring minds want to know whether Jard kept the crawl space organized when he put the clothes away. Did he put them where they belong, or just jam them somewhere?

Does Jacob make noises for the wild rumpus? Or does he just look at the pictures? (There are no words on those pages . . . right?)

Congratulations to Adam on his using the potty so well. This seemed to have been pretty easy. Does it seem so to you?

So, next week may be the first glimpse of the twins, right? Do you think they may be disguised as a boy? Eager to be called Enoch?

Uncle Dee said...

. . . or Jared . . . if Jard did not have anything to do with the clothes in the crawl space . . .

Kimmy said...

Mel and I share our boys clothes so she send them my way when they don't fit and I give her the next size. Anyway, there were alot of clothes piled up to be packed away. I organized them into piles on our bed and then told Jared what bag size and season I needed. He hands me the bags and then puts them away. I remind him to face the labels out so he can see them.

Kimmy said...

I'd say Adam was easy. Sure he had many accidents at first but I just kept reminding him that some day he'd go on the potty all the time. As for the wild rumpus pages it seems the boys always say the same things. On the first page Adam says there reaching for the moon and Jacob then says, "Wait." Then when I turn the page he says, "See, thats what them doing. There jumpin in the trees." On the last page they usually say, "Them havin fun" and laugh at all their funny feet. In this family I think there's definetly a chance the twins are disguised as a boy, though I don't think it would be called Enoch:)

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to Monday..Woo, Woo...Doug is also although I think it's because it's the first day of rehab at 8 am. What a way to start the day. Really?

Melissa said...

Jacob's drawings and coloring are amazing for a four year old. Amazing!

Uncle Dee said...

Thanks, Kimmy, for responding to my questions. I used to love the wild rumpus pages -- kids' expressions as they watched those pages were priceless.

The Mommy said...

Adam's done with size 2T? Wow! Andrew is just fitting that size. And now that he's in underwear all the time, I'm wondering if some of his 18mos might fit again!!!