CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 15, 2009









The boys were up around 8:00. We watched a dump truck video during breakfast. After breakfast Jacob got out his wooden tools to play with and Adam played with the Little People toys. I cut out some pumpkins which the boys glued to some white construction paper. Then they picked out eyes, a mouth, nose, and a stem and glued those onto their pumpkins. Around 11:30 I looked out our kitchen window and thought I saw a fox in the paddock. Then I decided maybe it was just some tall, dead grass but when I knocked on the window it moved. I got out the binoculars and sure enough it was a fox watching our chickens. I stepped outside but it wasn't there anymore. Then I heard a chicken making a lot of noise in the paddock so I started yelling and hurried over near the coop. That’s when I saw the fox take off running away. Jared thought I was joking when I told him. Shortly after noon we left to take Jacob to school. He was very excited about going again. At home Adam and I sat at the table and he played with his bank money. He likes loading it into his cement truck. Then he put some change in his pocket saying, “that’s for church.” Adam said he hurt his leg and ran to get the doctor kit. We had a good time playing doctor and took turns being the doctor or the patient. At 1:30 I read with Adam and then rocked him in the rocker. After a while I took him to his room and tucked him in for a nap. I did a 30 min run. At 3:15 I woke up Adam and we headed to school to pick Jacob up. Jacob talked about his day and also told me about his friend named Spencer. When we got home the boys pretended the toy box was their car. They also made beds from the big pillow and stuffed horse. Jared got home around 5pm. Jacob said he wasn’t feeling well and asked to sit on the couch during dinner. That did last long though and he smiled as he came to join us at the table. After dinner Adam asked me to read him his new book. Then the boys did some painting. Jared had class this evening. We sat at the table to play with playdoh until snacktime. Jared got done with class around 9:00. We got some extra cuddles in with the boys this evening. Adam talked about Jacob’s purple room at school.

3 comments:

The Daddy said...

Sounds like another fox story coming up...I'll be listening for the next nuclear explosion coming from the north.

LR said...

This fox thing is getting old. I think all the neighbors should get guns. In one of the painting pictures the boys hair look alike. The blond is coming out in Jacobs when it's longer. Sounds like Adam is having some good times without his brother. Keep the school stories coming.

mom s said...

Looks like the boys enjoy painting as much as Kenzie does. I love seeing their creations on paper.
Cute that Adam wanted to put some money aside for church. What a sweetie! I'm glad Jacob is enjoying school so much and making friends.