CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jacob doing "homework"





I got done with my exercises just after 8:00. Then I woke the boys so they were ready in time for us to leave by 9:00. We headed to the church. The boys had a fun time playing there. Jacob was really sweat and helpful with the babies again this week. From there we headed over to Jacob's school. Today was his first day being there on his own and he was really looking forward to going again. He did asked if I’d stay while he ate his lunch. Jacob hung up his bag and coat before going into his classroom. The helper had him find his name and place it on the chart to tell wether he had a hot or cold lunch today. He also found his nametag, which she pinned on his shirt. He quickly took a seat on the rug and smiled at the other little girl sitting there. I told him goodbye and he said, “Bye Mommy.” As we drove away Adam said, “Bye Jacob.” He pointed at Jacob's seat saying, “Jacob’s not in his seat.” We went to a few stores including the pet store (per Adam’s request.) Adam didn't eat much of his sandwich for lunch but did eat most of his crackers. We then went to play at a park near Jacob’s school. It was chilly outside, 45 and breezy. The sun did come out for a little while, which felt good. We had fun playing tag. Then we sat on the bouncy teeter-totter. Adam liked pushing the “gas” to go and “brake” to stop. He brought us both a lunch, which we pretended to eat. Around 3:15 we headed over to Jacob’s school. We got there early and got to watch Jacob and the rest of his class playing outside on “the castle”. Jacob smiled big when he saw us waiting in the hallway for him. I enjoyed hearing about his fun day at school. Jacob told me he was going to do more “homework” when we got home. He was disappointed when he opened his bag at home and there were no papers (homework) in there. Then he found some papers from yesterday and went to work on those. Adam seemed very tired so I read to him and then tucked him in for a late nap. Jared got home from work around 5pm. He studied for his exam. Jacob pinched the skin between his thumb and finger on the Clifford ride on toy. It was bleeding and he came crying to us. I woke Adam up at 6:30. He and Jacob ate grilled cheese sandwiches and we watched Charlottes Web. Adam didn't seem to be feeling too well. The boys had fun playing hockey with the sticks and a ball. They were tucked in bed around 9:30. I cuddled in Jacob’s bed for awhile and we talked more about his day at school. He said, “I want it to be sunny out so I can go to school. I wanna go to school all day.”

2 comments:

mom s said...

I'm glad he likes school so well.
The park sounded like fun, all but the weather. Burr...I guess running around would warm you up though. Funny he is so into homework. I love how he's on the two blankets. Do you think he could help Kenzie with her homework...she's not into it like he is. I wish she was.

Melissa said...

Cute how he lays down to do his "homework". He's so funny.