CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

This is our new car - 1999 Mazda Protege Lx with 55,000 miles on it. And its a manual, which is what Jared really wanted.




Adam is doctoring Jacob.




It was a very rainy day. The boys were happy to see Daddy was here this morning. After getting ready we headed down the road and took the Metro to the junk yard. At around 10:00 the man came and picked up the Vibe. While he was here we got a call from the car dealership saying things were set with the Mazda and we could come sign papers and get that today. Soon we headed over there. We left there around 12:30. From there Jared went to work and we headed to the bank. The boys ate a packed lunch in the van. Then we stopped at meijer to walk around and also picked up some dog food. The boys had fun looking at all the toys. We got home around 2:30. After reading I tucked Adam in for a nap. Jacob colored while resting. We got a call from Jacob's preschool and he starts on Tuesday. Half his class starts on Mon and the other half starts on Tues. Jacob (and I) was very happy to hear that I get to stay with him on his first day of school. I did a 30 min run. Then Jacob and I went outside for little awhile. I noticed Truman way out in one of our paddocks, but when I called him he continued walking in the opposite direction. Jacob was having a hard time keeping up with me so I carried him as we walked thru the tall grass calling for Truman. Truman went across our neighbors driveway and into the corn field. I don't think he hears as well anymore. He finally did come after we got near the driveway. Jared got home around 4:30. Adam woke up soon after that. The boys played with the cash register. We wanted to take a drive in the new car and Jared suggested we celebrate at Fazoli's. We all had fun riding in the car and enjoyed our dinner out. This evening we played hide and seek in the dark with the boys. Jacob wore his glow in the dark bones shirt and sure was excited about it. We all had so much fun! We had to laugh when Adam kept giving away their hiding spots. When Jared or I would say, "I wonder where Adam... is?" Adam would yell, "I on the big couch, I right here, or I in my bedroom.." The boys were tucked in bed around 9pm. Jared and I made popcorn and watched I Love Lucy.

10 comments:

The Daddy said...

So the metro bit the dust?? Was it elligable for the cash for clunkers program??

Uncle Dee said...

I am glad to hear about packed lunches -- however, my inquiring mind wants to know what is usual in a packed lunch. Tuna salad sandwich? PBJ sandwich? Fruit? Our mother used to mix raisins and chocolate chips together and put them in a plastic pull bottle and pack them in lunches. I had those for years when I carried my lunch to school. I don't remember what sorts of sandwiches I had, but I remember raisins and chocolate chips.

Grandma R said...

Woo.Woo. Pull bottles..I think is Pill bottles. We have at least 500 of them that I think could be recycled. Maybe I'll fill them with raisins and c chips and send them north not to be returned for any reason. The car situtation seems to be settled. That story seems to have been at least a yr. old...When did the Metro appear?

Woo...School next Tuesday. Good for you Jacob.

The Daddy said...

I remember when grandfather would have m&m's in the dresser drawer in old pill bottles Jared and I got one each sunday, before we had Popcorn, ice cream and coke

Vikki said...

I love your new car...I havent even told Rody you got a new car cuz I havent seen him since Sunday. But I will show him it tonight, or do you think I should not say anything and let him b totally surprised next time he sees you with it? Text me and let me know, K? cuz I wont b on here again tonight.

Fantom of Richardson said...

Being the "ole stick in the mud"
that I am. and this is on "Safety is no Accident" website. Please be aware that putting candy in pill bottles re-enforces that medication is candy and I have seen some bad results in the ER. I know that we all grew up OK????? with the M&M's in pill bottles but it gets me on my soap box when the publicity personnel come to the pharmacy and ask for empty bottles to put candy in for festivals etc. I tell them the same thing and do not sell (give) them the bottles - they go somewhere else - OK end of tirade.
Rick

The Daddy said...

well the old foggie got the pill thing right...good to have a pill pusher in the family to keep everybody straight

Kimmy said...

Gas mileage was too good on the Metro to qualify. I think we'd had the Metro for almost 1 1/2 yrs.

For a packed lunches the boys typically have sandwiches, crackers, and a drink. Jacob likes bolonie/cheese sandwiches and Adam prefers PB&J (but is happy with either).

mom s said...

They sure do eat their lunches good. Fantom of Richardson...I was thinking the same thing about putting candy in pill bottles. Upbringing from my mom I guess.
Glad you all grew up ok. You are a wonderful family!

Melissa said...

You're new car looks nice. I love the color.