CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 9, 2009









It was a cold and rainy day today. The boys woke up around 8:30. After eating breakfast they did some drawing with markers. Adam loves to hang his artwork on the fridge. Jacob drew many kites. He also practiced writing letters. He asked me how to spell "To" so he could write "To Dad" on his paper. This morning we watched the movie “Charlottes Web”. Jacob tucked Adam in on the toy box and went thru a Dr Seuss book with him. They also pretended the toy box was a car or a motorcycle. After lunch I worked on laundry, dusting, and vacuuming the house. Jacob and Adam sat at the counter and played with moon sand. At 3pm I tucked Adam in for a nap. Jacob practiced writing letters while he rested. He likes to combine letters and tell me what it says. I did a 30 min run. Then Jacob and I played school. Adam woke up just before Jared got home. The boys played with the barn and little animals. Jared picked Kenzie up from Mom’s and she is staying with us tonight. The boys were very excited to see her. Both of them wanted to sit right by her at the table for dinner. After dinner Jared and Kenzie brought up all the bags from the crawlspace and I went thru all of them. I sorted the things to donate from things to keep. Kenzie was a big help. I worked on this until bedtime. The boys were tucked in bed by 9:30 and Kenzie was in bed soon after that.

2 comments:

Uncle Dee said...

Just a little more about the ancient history of M&Ms and pill bottles (Kimmy, this may help you understand your husband's inexplicable eye ticks and shoulder jerks).

When Kristen, Eric, and Jared were small (I think this was all before Jason appeared), they would get "pills" from their Grandfather Russell -- those M&Ms in pill bottles. I think he kept them in a desk drawer (the desk that Kimmy uses now). This happened until Uncle Rick explained the dangers -- very similar to the tirade he posted a few days ago.

I myself do not remember ever getting such "pills" -- I just remember raisins and chocolate chips mixed together. I don't remember referring to them as "pills." I just recall that with the grandchildren. (My brothers can straighten me out at Thanksgiving.)

Lela said...

Kimmy...If you want...You can begin to write simple stories for Jacob to read using the words he knows and adding just a few more like Truman and Kate etc. One could be...Daddy's dog Truman. Mommy's dog Kate. Jacob's dog Truman and Kate. Then draw a picture of Daddy and Truman etc. Jacob is at such an exciting age. Lots of new things are happening for him. For you, life will really take some big steps in the coming weeks. Go with the flow. I know you will.