CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Daddy's in the box.




.
Jacob trying out his new car seat.


Daddy trying out Jacob's car seat.

Jacob showing off his pumpkin.

I got up to exercise at 6:00. Both boys woke up around 8:00. We watched a Clifford video. After breakfast the boys sat at the counter and had fun putting stamps on papers. I vacuumed the house and then we got out the legos. It was a beautiful day (high 50's). We went outside for a while. The boys played while I cleaned and vacuumed the van. It was almost time to leave for school when we came back inside. Jacob was really excited about going on his first field trip. He gave both Adam and I a hug and kiss goodbye. We went to the grain elevator to pick up chicken food. Adam loves looking at the catfish there and said, "That fish is got a big mouth. Him bites." We also went to meijer for a few things. Got back home around 2:00. I put away laundry and then made an apple pie. Adam was playing quietly. When I looked over the counter to check on him I found that he was drawing with crayon's on the kitchen floor. He had every square covered the length of our kitchen and 3 tiles wide. He must have took some crayons and crawled back and forth drawing long lines across the floor. After I'd finished cleaning that off it was time to leave and pick Jacob up from school. Jacob talked a lot about his field trip and I really enjoyed hearing about it. They took a walk on the rail trail. First he said, "wow, my feet were really tired." Then he told me many things that were on their list of things to look for. He was also excited about the bridge they walked over. When we got home Jacob showed me the pumpkin he'd decorated at school, his little pumpkin magnet he'd made, and a little bag of goodies. He shared some doritos and mini oreo's with Adam. UPS dropped off Jacob's new car seat. As soon as I pulled it out the boys climbed inside the box. I tucked Adam in for a nap. Then I prepared a meatloaf and peeled potatoes for dinner. Jared was home around 4:30. Adam didn't sleep for very long. The boys had a great time playing with the car seat box. Daddy loves the smell of cardboard and it brought back great memories for him. After dinner we took a drive to try out the new car seat. Jacob loves it, especially the drink holders and armrests. He kept saying, "This is so comfy. I really like my new seat" and he didn't want to go back home. Jared had class this evening. The boys enjoyed ice cream cones and we watched a Baby Einstein video. I lite the jack-o-latern's and we turned out the lights. The boys had fun running around the room in the dark. They were tucked in bed by 9pm.

13 comments:

The Daddy said...

Did Adam try and blame Jacob for the crayon on the floor? If he did then he's taking after his good ol uncle Eric...remember I tried to do that to Jared and the I think it was blue crayon on the rug.

Uncle Dee said...

What a great day! Adam decorating your house in his own way! And another cool pumpkin to add to the display! And fun with a box! PLUS a new car seat!! AND A FIELD TRIP to hear about!!

Dust Bunny said...

Looks like we are getting ready for the apple pies in GA. YEAH!!

Grandma R said...

Those little boys have one crazy daddy who loves the smell of cardboard! Now that's a new one for me. We should turn that smell into something and make some money. The car seat looks awesome. I think you are getting ready for the third little kid coming in March.

mom s said...

Sounds like lots of fun at your house. So you have a little home decorator or artist. So Jacob is the driver now and daddy sits in the car seat. Too funny!

Kimmy said...

Eric, Adam couldn't blame Jacob (he was at school) and plus I caught him in the act. I hadn't heard the story about your rug decorating.

The Mommy said...

Wow! New car seat! Did Jacob really outgrow his Marathon already? That boy must be all torso! :-) We're looking at the Frontier for Andrew too, so you'll have to let us know how you like it.

Kimmy said...

No, Jacob hasn't outgrown the Marathon. We packed it away and will be using it for the baby. Diapers.com is having a sale on car seats right now. Jacob loves the seat and so do we. I've read many reviews about it being difficult to install and get a tight fit but we had no problems with either the latch or the belt method. When using the belt method in our van we must use a locking clip.

The Mommy said...

Ah! I didn't think he could have outgrown it already, but since we haven't seen you all in a while figured anything was possible! :-)

Does the Frontier have the built-in lockoffs like the Marathon & other Britax seats? That's one thing I haven't researched on it yet.

And this is totally from the carseat crazy side of me and just wanting to make sure you know, since I didn't know these things until I started researching, and want to make sure the boys are safe:

1. You can only use LATCH until the child reaches 40lbs (in most vehicles, some are 48lbs) then you have to use the seatbelt, and
2. The Marathon does not work for newborns. I assume you'll use the carrier for the itty bitty stage (check the expiration date) but just in case.

Kimmy said...

I love the built-in lockoffs on the Marathon. They did not include this feature on the Frontier. Our van has a 40 pound limit for the LATCH so Jacob has a few lbs to go using that. We planned on using the infant carrier, which will exp when the baby's around 6 months. The Marathon doesn't exp until Jan 2017 so the baby will have several years in that seat:)

The Mommy said...

Good to know about the lock offs. I thought all Britax seats had them, so I'm surprised to hear the Frontier doesn't. Hopefully the baby isn't a peanut like Noah. At 7 months he STILL doesn't fit in our Britax seat properly!

And Marathons are only good for 6 years, so I'm guessing it's the Frontier that's 2017 on the exp? Love that about it! The other seat we're looking at has an 8 year life, so still better than 6! Plus, it has new latch clips that allow you to use latch the entire time, if vehicle is 2005 or newer (our van is 40lbs too, but 2007 so we could do this). Tough decision!

Kimmy said...

Your right, the Marathon expires Jan 2014. The Frontier has a 9yr life and expires Oct 2018. The baby will get almost 4 yrs in the Marathon and then will probably move into Jacob's Frontier. I love the Britax seats for safety and comfort. Jacob used to complain big time in his previous car seat and stopped as soon as we made the switch to Britax.

The Mommy said...

Oh yeah! The Britax seats are pricey but they are worth every penny! And I think they certainly look more comfy. We tried Andrew in the Frontier and the Graco Nautilus last time we were at Babies R Us. He couldn't get out of the Nauti fast enough but LOVED the Frontier.

Will Adam be getting a Frontier down the road, too? Guessing he's got a few years left in the Marathon, though. :-)