CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 17, 2009




Jacob wearing a cast.

I got up at 6:00 to do my am exercises. Both boys were awake soon after 8am and enjoyed waking Daddy up. We went out for our Sat am drinks and donuts. Adam quickly told the “ATM lady”, “Were going a get chocolate milk and donuts.” As we left he said, “Bye lady.” I had a pumpkin muffin and some apple cider – yummy. We also stopped at Jacks, Salvation Army, and meijer. Yesterday we got out the tubs of legos that belong to Jared and Eric. Jared pulled up the parts lists on the computer for all the Expert builder sets. We are working on organizing those and noting any missing parts, which can order. Yesterday and today we’ve had lots of fun building and playing with the legos. I don’t think any other toys have been gotten out since the legos came out. Also yesterday I went to the post office to pick up a package. It was a birthday gift from Doug and Lela. I was excited to get one of Leslie’s raku fired thimbleberry tiles – Thank you!!! Jacob saw it and said, “Leslie made that. You should tell the lady (post lady) that Leslie made that." Last night Jacob was telling Daddy about the sugar beets that we saw being harvested and he started off by saying, “Daddy I saw some SERIOUS BUISNESS going on in the field…” During the day today I worked in tomorrow morning’s exercises (I’m gonna sleep in on my birthday). After lunch Jared worked on tilling the garden (until he ran out of gas). We all enjoyed some time outside. The weather was nice, sunny and low 50’s. We came inside to read and cuddle with the boys. Then I tucked Adam in for a nap. Jared and I worked on organizing the expert builder sets and Jacob played with the legos. Adam woke up around 4:00. The boys helped me peel carrots for veggie soup. Adam had to use the potty and needed my help. Jacob continued peeling a carrot. Then he showed it to me saying, “I did this one REALLY good!” There wasn’t much carrot left in the middle:) We watched Wheel of Fortune this evening which the boys liked watching too. I folded and put away the laundry. Adam helped me put socks away and Jacob folded all my dishcloths and towels. The boys were excited to take Daddy’s lego boat in the tub. They also pretended the washcloths were casts for their broken arms or legs. They were tucked in bed around 9:30.

5 comments:

Uncle Dee said...

So, those Leggos continue to challenge the skills of boys of ALL ages!

Did Jared show the boys how to put the Leggos away? Or do Leggos just get dumped in any old way?

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMMY AND VIKKI!!!

Mom and Dad S said...

I love where Jacob said there was serious business going on. So funny. Nice boat Jared made. Looks like fun for the bathtub.
I'm glad you let the boys help you peel carrots even though there might not be much left in the middle. That's great they are enjoying helping with things.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Melissa said...

I emailed you the pictures I took at mom's the other day.

LR said...

Some of those legos must be at least 45 years old. You know they came from the schillings.