CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 5, 2009







Jacob weighing himself on the scale.

The boys were up around 8:30. They were pretending to be scary lions while crawling around and roaring loudly. After breakfast and a video we got out the wooden blocks to play with. Jacob built an airplane and said, “This is made from metal. It comes from China cause there’s lots a airports there.” Around 11:00 we went outside. The boys played mostly in the barn with their sticks and the tricycle. We came inside for lunch. After lunch we sat at the counter to color. The boys love their state park coloring books. Jacob said, “Look Mommy. Adam’s trying to stay in the lines. Good job Adam.” When he heard or saw him scribbling he’d say, “Try to stay in the lines, ok Adam.” He also asked Adam, "Do you want me to show you how to stay in the lines." Jacob looked at my picture and said, “Good job Mommy. That looks great. Your amazing! Your BERY (very) talented.” Jacob was proud to show me that he now writes his name using a lower case b rather than a capital. I tucked Adam in for a nap around 2pm. Jacob did some coloring in his book and also drew on the dry erase board while resting. He asked me to draw a tree on the board for him. Basically I drew a circle with two lines down (not very creative). Jacob pointed out his window and said, "Look, them trees don't look like that." He was happy when I made a different tree with branches. He added red leaves to the branches and a pile of leaves under the tree. I did my afternoon run. Jacob asked me if I wanted to hear him sing. He sang the song, "Oh Mr Sun" for me. Then Jacob sat at the table and played with playdoh until it was time to leave. At 3:30 I woke up Adam and we headed over to pick Jared up from work. From there we went to a dealership to look at a car. We test drove it and really like it. Tomorrow the guy is coming to pick up the Vibe. We got home around 6pm. We warmed up chili for dinner. Jacob said, "I like chili. Its heathy for us. Candy is not healthy, but I like candy. What makes us sick?" After dinner we got out the Lincoln logs to build with. Adam also had fun with the soft cars and racetrack. The boys new favorite songs are "Self-control (or as they call it, Once I had a knot in my shoe) and "My heart says I Love you." They were tucked in bed by 9pm.

4 comments:

LRussell said...

It's winter coat time. I'm to stuborn to wear one. Now if all of the readers want to know what JB's hair looked like when he was just a little boy...check out Adam's hair. It matches. Keep us posted on a new car purchase.

Uncle Dee said...

The things that Jacob is saying and doing sounds as if he is being influenced by a teacher of some kind. The small 'b', the notion of staying in the lines, focusing what trees look like outside the window . . . Who is teaching him stuff like this?

Melissa said...

Cute pictures. Love Adam's coat.

mom s said...

Adam sure looks big in that coat. Makes him look so grown up. What happened to our baby?
Jacob is doing amazing for his age and not going to school yet. Good job mom teacher. Glad you sold the Vibe!!!