CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Jacob lifting "muscle things (weights)"







Unhappy, the pj's do not fit.

I woke Jared and the kids shortly before 8:00. After getting ready we headed into town for drinks and donuts. I got my favorite, a pumpkin muffin - yummy. Jared, Kenzie and the boys all got chocolate frosted donuts. We met Vikki and Melissa at their church store for a clothing swap/give away. My Mom was there helping. She helped us carry in bags of clothes. We looked around and found a few things there. Jacob and Adam were really happy to see Jack. Before going home we stopped at Menards. We had fun walking around there and also picked up many totes for storing kids clothes. The boys each picked out a ruler too. We ate a packed lunch on the car ride home. It was around 1:00 when we got home. The boys drew with markers and used their new rulers. Jacob gave Adam three of his pip squeaks (small markers) and two of his "painters (regular markers)", telling him they were for him to keep in his bedroom. After tucking Adam in for a nap I began working on folding clothes, packing them in the totes, and labeling. Jacob was a big help with folding and packing. He also enjoyed looking at the baby clothes. It was fun listening to him talk about his favorite clothes that he's going to dress the baby in. He said, "I can't wait for the baby to come out. You can wipe his butt and I'll get him dressed, ok." When we'd empty a bag to begin a new tote Jacob would say, "Ok, you fold the cute clothes and I'll fold the cool ones (or vise versa)." We sure had fun. Jared went outside to clean out the tack room and get a spot ready for the totes (no more crawlspace crawling for bags). Adam woke up around 5:00. I enjoyed watching Jacob teach Adam how to fold a shirt. Adam folded a couple but then decided it was more fun to play in the empty totes. Jacob also had fun playing with the totes. We put in the Cars movie to watch. The boys got out the foam blocks to play with. We didn't eat dinner until around 7:30. Jacob sat at the counter to draw and I gave him some labels. He got down to give Adam a couple of the labels I'd just given him. I finished packing the totes around 9pm and the boys were tucked in bed by 9:30. Jacob often asks how many more sleeps until school starts. Tonight I told him he had three more sleeps. He said, "After this leep I'll have two more leeps." Jared had taken all the totes out to the tack room and organized them. I went outside to check it out - looks great!

4 comments:

The Mommy said...

LOL! Andrew calls "muscle things" "STRONGERS".

Mom L said...

Wow...a step up...No more crawl space. I wondered about all that room in the barn. Good thinking.

mom s said...

Poor Adam...sad he has outgrown his pj's. Such sad faces.
I bet they had fun with their rulers.

Melissa said...

That'll be so much nicer for you to have all the clothes organized and easier to get to. I love how Jacob said that you and wipe the baby's butt while he gets him dressed. He's too funny.