CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 1, 2009



Pumpkins from our garden.



Coloring.


Adam showing off his artwork.

They had fun with their monkeys.

It was very cold this morning (low 30’s). I got up at 6am and the boys were up around 8:00. We cuddled in my bed for a little while. The boys sat at the little table and drew with markers. Adam gave me one of his drawings saying, "thats for you." As I hung it on the fridge he told me it was lots of roads and two cars. We watched Clifford during breakfast. I took the boys to Circle Time at the library. Both of them really enjoyed that. They then played at the train table for a little while. Though both of them preferred sitting by me as I read books over playing with the trains. We read a lot of books. I’d packed a lunch and we sat at the outdoor picnic table to eat. That is until Jacob saw a bee – he then wanted to finish his lunch in the van. From there we went to the mall and the boys had fun playing in the kids area. Before leaving the mall we walked around the toy section of Target. We got home at 2:30. After a snack and reading I tucked Adam in for a nap. While Jacob rested he drew lots of nice pictures for Daddy and I. He really likes drawing houses and today also made me a barn with a giraffe in it. He made Daddy's barn with a turtle in it saying, "I can put anything in there." I did a 30 min run. Then we got out the playdoh to play with. Jared got home around 4:30 and we went outside to cut pumpkins from the vines. Last nights frost killed what was left of our garden, even what we'd covered. Adam woke up and also came outside for a little while. The boys then played with the Toot and Puddle game until dinner was ready. After dinner Jared played some Wii sports until his class started. The boys had fun building with mega blocks. Then we sat at the table and the boys color the monkeys that they’d gotten at Circle Time. I cut out their monkeys and then they ran around with them. This evening we watched a Baby Einstein video. Daddy got done with his class just as I was about to tuck the boys in bed. He rocked Adam and Jacob rocked in the little rocker next to them. The boys were tucked in bed around 9:30.

Adam's drawing of lots of roads and two cars.


Here are some of Jacob's drawings.

8 comments:

The Daddy said...

what happened on Wed??

MOM R said...

Lots of trucks and lots of colors. Great job Jacob. The pumpkins are beautiful. Now you need to cut a few apart and take out the seeds and bake the parts...then scoop the "meat" out and mash it and make pumpkin pie. There is nothing like reall pumpkins fresh in a pie. Unbelievable difference.

Kimmy said...

Wed? Boys woke up early to Brian's loud snoring. Jared brought the boys to the church (where I was) on his way to work ~11am. Went shopping with the boys and sister Vikki. Jared had class in the evening.

Kimmy said...

Yum, My favorite are pumpkin muffins and I also love the seeds.

Uncle Dee said...

Look at how nicely Jacob is writing MOM! And another great drawing of his new brother!

Adam's roads are certainly complicated. He is doing great art work!

Grandma R said...

I don't know about anyone else but I LOVE, LOVE, Jacob's long hair. What a cute kid. Long hair and all. I think Adam is planning the trip to Georgia...that's a very complicated trip. Grampa is trying to get well. That's a very complicated trip as well.

Melissa said...

I too love Jacob's long hair. It's very cute.

mom s said...

I'm glad you have such nice pumpkins from your garden. Mine are pretty little because of the woodchucks eating them. At least the plants grew back but it sure did affect the pumpkins. I sure do appreciate your offer of one for my turkey for the front porch.