CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

6th year Anniversary

Happy Birthday to Papa.


Singing.








Last night I stayed up later to do my morning exercises so I could sleep in with Jared on our anniversary. Jacob crawled in our bed around 7:30am. He was asking to play the construction game right away. Jared and I got each other a new bath towel for our anniversary. While Daddy was in the shower I helped Jacob start the construction game. He played that until breakfast. Adam woke up around 8:30. We left at 9:45 and headed over to my parents church. This Sunday my Dad was preaching – awesome message Dad! Adam started crying, “I wanna go to the car” when he thought it was time to go back for Sunday school. I took him into the nursing room to calm him and assured him that I wasn’t going to leave him. Jacob didn't want to go back either and both boys sat with us during the service. After church we stopped at meijer for a couple thing and then headed over to Mom’s house. Mom made chili for lunch and it was very yummy. We had cake and ice cream to celebrate Dad and Rody’s birthday. Mom also made me an angel food cake (my favorite) and had strawberries to go on top – thanks Mom! The kids all had fun playing together. Around 3:30 I lay down with Adam for a nap. Jared and Dad played some ping-pong and the kids had fun playing downstairs. Adam never did go to sleep. After awhile I took him downstairs to play. Around 6:00 Jared and I left to go out for our anniversary. The boys stayed with Nana and Papa. First we went to meijer to find anniversary cards to give to each other. One of the cards Jared and I picked out was the same. It sure was different walking around the store without the boys. Then we went to blockbuster to get a movie. We went out to dinner at Pi’s, a Chinese restaurant. Jared and I shared a Sesame chicken dinner which was very good. It was around 8:30 when we got back to Mom’s house. The boys were watching a Baby Einstein video. Both boys fell asleep on the drive home. After tucking them in bed Jared and I made popcorn and watched the movie, Marley and Me. It was a very funny movie (especially since we have Truman) and we had lot of great laughs during it.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Nice picture of you and Jared.

mom s said...

Nice Anniversary picture. You both look just the same as 6 yrs. ago.
It was such a nice day. We are so glad you came to church to hear dad preach and to the house afterwards. It was nice to spend your anniversary with you, and the boys were so precious when we watched them. Love ya!

Uncle Dee said...

Happy anniversary!

Nice family picture of the four of you (and also of the two of you). I think you could try one with all four of you in white to go with those great pictures of Kimmy and little boys.