CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 29, 2009








Jared had to work until noon today. I got up at 6am. Jacob was up around 8:30 and cuddled in bed with me for a little while. Adam woke up at 9:00. Jacob told me he decorated for a party and he asked me if I wanted to see his decorations. There were fish puzzle pieces lined up on the floor and a paper drawing tucked into the couch. He had the little table set and invited me to eat chicken salad. Adam had me sit on a play mat saying there were going to be “thunderworks.” Jacob sat with us to watch those. During breakfast we watched the tractor video. The boys played with the foam blocks for a little while. Adam lined up the little chairs and asked me to sit down, saying we were going to the fair. Jacob added a couple ride on toys so he could join us on our drive. Jacob and I had fun doing the hokey pokey song. I pretended to be a doctor and the boys took turns being my patient. They'd say, "Uh oh, I fell again" and then tell me where they were hurt. We went outside to go for a walk. Our walk didn’t get very far because the boys got distracted by the puddles. There was a deeper puddle on the road by our driveway that they had fun playing in. Adam asked me, "You wanna come in the puddle and sit down?" They also liked playing with rocks in the mud of the nearly dry puddles. Jacob asked if they could fish in the puddle. They had fun using their fishing poles with the practice fish anchors. We came back inside around 11:30. After lunch we headed into town to meet Jared at Dunken Donuts. We ate our donuts inside today. Jared went to a car sale while the boys and I went to Salvation Army. I found some maternity clothes there. Jared met us at the store. We got home around 2:30. Adam fell asleep in the car and continued sleeping in his crib until ~5:30. Jacob loves to highlight words on paper with his yellow markers. I gave him some junk mail to highlight while he rested. Then Daddy did some drawings and Jacob enjoyed coloring those. Adam was fussy this evening. He didn’t eat anything for dinner and cried as he sat at the table. He wanted to cuddle on the couch so I put in a Clifford video for us to watch. The boys were excited when Aunt “Bippi” pulled in the driveway. She brought over a Tonka construction computer game for Jacob. He loved it and played until bath time. The boys played in the tub for a long time. They were tucked in bed by 9:30.

3 comments:

uncle dee said...

Well, look at that lion puppet Adam is holding! There is an antique if there ever was one!

Cute pictures as always -- and quite an eventful day.

Jacob is certainly learning a lot about reading. I expect he really will leave his fellow pre-schoolers in the dust. Does he ever comment on the words he highlights? Does he say what the words say? Does he name any letters in the words he highlights? Who has he seen highlight words with a marker? Does Daddy highlight parts of his class materials?

MOM S said...

I am leaving this comment on Sunday, 8/30/09....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO KIMMY AND JARED WITH MUCH LOVE. YOU ARE BOTH BLESSINGS IN OUR LIVES. CONGRATULATIONS ON 6 YEARS OF MARRIAGE!!!

Kimmy said...

Jacob sees Nana highlight in her Bible. He likes to have us read the "important stuff (highlighted)." Adam loves the antique lion puppet.