CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hailey after being stung by a bee


Adam holding Jack's hand.

Dog kisses.



Daddy, way up high!



The boys woke up soon after I finished my morning exercises. It wasn’t long before they were in waking up Kenzie. After breakfast I worked on packing for our day out. We left around 10:00 and headed over to the clinic to have my blood drawn. Kenzie read a children’s book to the boys while we waited. Then she had Jacob make up a story with her. She’d tell a story and pause for Jacob to “fill in the blanks” during it. Their story was about a turtle named Jacob. The kids all wanted to see under the bandage where I got poked. From there we headed over to Mel’s house. The kids were all very excited to see each other. They had fun playing on the swingset and on the sand table. For lunch Bruce cooked hamburgers and chicken on the grill. We also had potato salad, corn on the cob, and pineapple jello. First we started eating outside but went in when the bees wouldn’t leave us alone. After lunch we turned on the Cars movie and I gave Max a haircut. He was excellent and actually said, “I like getting a haircut.” Jack fell asleep for his nap really quickly. We took the kids back outside to swim in the pool. They sure had fun. I did a little sewing on some things for Mel while sitting on the swing and watching the kids play. Hailey was playing by the fort with Kenzie. She suddenly screamed, “I got stung by a bee!” There was a bee on her foot, which she grabbed with her hand and got stung. After a while, with care and some sugar, she seemed to be feeling a little better. Her hand swelled up so Mel gave her some benadryl. Vikki came over to pick up Kenzie. Shortly after 4pm I started heading home. Then I decided to stop at Mom’s house and trim Mocha’s hair while I had the clippers with me. She asked us to stay for dinner. Jared met us there after work. We ate mashed potato’s, corn on the cob, and chicken tenders for dinner. Adam loves corn on the cob, Jacob won't try it. After dinner Jared, Dad, and the boys went downstairs. Dad and Jared played some ping pong. Mom and I watched her dvd from Copper Harbor. While watching that I did a 30 min run. We got home around 8pm. Adam fell asleep in the car. At home I changed him into his pj’s and rocked him for a little while. Then I tucked him in bed. Jacob, who was outside with Daddy, came into the house saying, “You gotta come see Daddy. He’s way up high on the swing set.” Jacob told me not to look until I got closer. I gave Jacob some pushes on the swing. Then he helped Daddy lock up the chickens for the night. Jacob was tucked in bed around 9:15.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

So glad you came over to visit. Such a fun day. Too bad there were so many bees though. That was so cute how Adam sat down on the floor by Jack and took his hand.