CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 11










Jared and I were up at 8:00. The boys slept in until 9:00. Grandma invited my parents for a pancake breakfast also this morning. After eating we all went for a walk. We relaxed at our site for a little while and then took a walk over to Pebble beach. First Jacob ran down to ask Grandma, who was knitting, to come with us. She declined but he wouldn't accept no as an answer. He suggested she bring her knitting to the beach, so thats what Grandma did. Truman went for a swim. The boys had a fun time playing in the black sand. Then Jacob went on the trail to pick Grandma and Grandpa some blueberries. We headed back for lunch. This afternoon we took a drive to the Jampot. Nana and Papa rode in the van with us. We ate our goodies while sitting by Jacob's Falls. Nana and Papa threw some coins in the water for the boys to find. From there we headed over to the Great Sand Bay. The temperature was low 60's and windy. The boys sure had fun playing in the sand as we walk on the beach. We then took a drive to Calumet to get diapers and a few groceries. We also drove thru Traprock Valley. Before going back to camp we stopped at a restaurant to get pasties for dinner. Adam fell asleep. While we waited for our food Mom and I played "I spy a color" with Jacob. Jacob, Nana, and I also took a nap on the car ride back from there. We got back to camp ~5:30. After dinner we took a walk with Adam over to Grandma and Grandpa's site. Adam stuck his head in a puddle and then had fun wiping it on Grandma. Adam likes to play in the back fo the van and pretends its his home. He said, "This is my house. You wanna come in my house? Then come in." He wore my crocs and said, "Hey, new shoes." We took a walk around the campground with Nana, Papa, and Grandma. Adam had asked Grandma, "You wanna come for a walk?" When she said yes he ran back to me saying, "Her said yes!" We stopped at the camp playground. Jacob fell off the swing while getting an underdog. Nana and Grandma cheered him up by twisting on their swings. This evening we went out for ice cream cones. Adam wiped his messy face on Grandpa's van after Papa gave him the idea. He thought he was pretty funny. We got back to camp ~9pm.

3 comments:

uncle dee said...

I love seeing Adam's ice creamy face. I always had trouble eating a Dairy Queen chocolate dipped cone before it all melted down the cone onto my hands and face. I think I still do.

mom s said...

Your pictures make me hungry. All we are doing is preparing to eat or eating...makes me think I ate to much there. I love how you write about what happened at Copper Harbor. So many great pictures and great memories.

Melissa said...

I love the icecream picture too. Looks yummy!