CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 13

Goodbye Nana and Papa.

Pancake time!

Great Sand Bay.




Jacob's own stream.



Adam crawled around in the freezing water on his belly.



Painting the rock with very wet sand.




This is the tree we found Adam in the other day.

Pebble Beach.







Jared's double marshmellow smore.

Jared and I were up at 7:30. Adam was up shortly after that. My parents started packing up for their trip home. Adam played on his bicycle. I ate a cereal breakfast with my parents. Around 8:30 I woke up Jacob so he could say goodbye to Nana and Papa. Nana gave the boys some spending money to use at the store. We waved goodbye as they drove off on the motorcycle. We then went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for pancakes. Jacob rode his bike and we took a walk around the campground. Grandma and Grandpa came for a walk too. We went to the Fort store so the boys could use their money and we also bought new patches for their sweatshirts. Around 11:30 we headed over to the Great Sand Bay. The weather was in the low 60's and windy. As we were driving Adam said, "I wanna go see Jacob's Falls." At the beach Jacob and Daddy worked on redirecting the stream. Jacob also worked hard to make a stream of his own. The boys sure aren't bothered by the freezing cold water. The boys and I had fun sliding down the large sandhill. We ate sandwiches for lunch in the van around 2:30. Adam fell asleep on the drive back to Copper Harbor. We stopped to visit Grandma at Dennis's shop. After Adam woke up we took the boys over to the Laughing Loon store. The boys each bought a pencil with moose heads that cover the eraser. We relaxed at our campsite until dinnertime. After dinner we took a walk over to Pebble beach and enjoyed some time there. We also walked over to the fort. The boys played on the canon, cart, and had fun running around the flagpole. We took a drive up Brockway Mt. This evening Jared made a fire and we made smores.

6 comments:

Lela said...

Kimmy...I haven't said much on the blog but you should know I'm enjoying every word and picture and the memories just keep coming back. Thank you soooooo much for bringing those memories around for a second time of enjoyment. It's hot and sticky here. I'd love to freeze some of the weather we had and bring it home to thaw in Carmel. Looking for a new sewing machine...the old one has flunked out. I'll be needing one for that new little girl baby.

mom s said...

I am really enjoying your pictures and blogging too. Hope Grandma R finds a sewing machine quickly...Made me smile when she said she'd need one for that new little girl baby. I'm glad there's a grandma that can sew things so beautifully.

Kimmy said...

I heard the baby's heartbeat today. 3D Ultrasound is scheduled for Sept 28th. I hope you find a good sewing machine.

Melissa said...

Funny picture of Adam climbing that tree. He sure is a good climber. Just like his daddy:)

LR said...

The 28th is on the calendar!

mom s said...

I can't wait until Sept. 28....So exciting to see those ultra sounds.
especially the 3D ones. How exciting to hear the baby's heart beat already. I love little baby already.